Senior Production Manager, Special Events
ViacomNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2019 11:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Senior Production Manager, Special Events jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Production Manager, Special Events postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Production Manager, Special Events? The Viacom Special Events department is looking for a Sr. Production Manager to join their team. This person will focus on the logistics, tech, budgeting and oversee of the production component of Viacom Special Events, which include but not limited to: small and large off channel performances, upfronts, sponsored driven events and executive meetings.
• The responsibilities of the production coordinator will include, but is not limited to: Budget creation, management and reconciliation for all events
• The person in this role requires the skills and experience to work effectively with creative, production and administrative teams while continuing to produce individual events
• Further developing existing relationships and securing new relationships with a multitude of local and national vendors in order to secure favorable rates and products
• Responsible for overseeing project based freelance staff and crew in order to ensure product is in line with the standards of Viacom, as well as act as an internal resource for freelance or production personnel with regards to company policies and procedure
• Background in special event production that includes production management skills, technical knowledge and the ability to creatively produce presentations and events in regards to show flow, and talent
• Must be skilled using Movie Magic Budgeting and Excel,
• Serve as an on-site manager, liaisons with vendors, trouble shooter, logistics manager
• Interface with various internal departments to assist with production, tech and logistics
• A STRONG working knowledge of production elements (audio, video, lighting, staging, etc) and how to integrate such elements together to achieve successful events ranging from corporate business meetings to live stage shows
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills along with ability to work under pressure and make quick, educated decisions in compliance with company policies
• Creative problem solving and ability to multi-task a must
• Oversee tracking of deliverables during production including call sheets, schedules, travel itineraries, etc.
• Time flexibility, the ability to work nights and weekends and some travel will be required
• Working knowledge of Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines surrounding both Union and Non-Union Labor and OSHA
• Ability to negotiate large scale contracts with vendors and venues
• Needs to stay current with all relevant industry trends and technologies as they apply to job responsibilities
The ideal candidate has on-the-ground event, live production, tech experience and is able to communicate across various production disciplines and departments. The candidate will be encouraged to develop new systems, trackers, ideas, etc. to help the department operate more efficiently. Must communicate effectively with the design team, production/event team and clients. Must work well under pressure and be comfortable making quick and creative decisions, in the office and on site.
• 10 years relevant experience in event, television and live production is required
• Willingness to travel and work occasional nights and weekends is required
• Knowledge of the NY area and local vendors
• Advance knowledge of scheduling, budgeting and vender interaction is required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required
• Advance knowledge of staging, lighting, design and technical aspects of production is preferred This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.