Senior Procurement Buyer
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
We are searching for Senior Procurement Buyers to join our team in our Hollywood offices!
You are responsible for identifying the sourcing strategy and procuring Viacom goods and services. This includes oversight of policies, governance, and mechanisms to enable improved spend management, while driving annual savings targets and improved efficiencies. This position will take an active role in establishing lower-dollar value/less-complex contracts with suppliers for the timely acquisition of goods and services.
You will partner with partners, sourcing, and suppliers to dedicatedly execute spend sourcing plans. You will be expected to build positive relationships and execute leading practices, applying them across Viacom’s categories.
• Socialize and administer sourcing policy and rules of engagement with business partners
• Operate as the decision maker relative to execution of sourcing strategies including RFx, multi-bid, direct negotiations, etc.
• Operate as sourcing lead for low-dollar value/less-complex spend for products and services inclusive of financial viability analyses, market research, supplier risk, and negotiation plans
• Educate requesters on sourcing standard methodologies, capabilities and overall value to business
• Partner with eSourcing and Supplier Management resources to capitalize on eSourcing tools and integrate vendor performance into decision-making
• 5 years meaningful experience across supply chain, with particular focus in purchasing, strategic sourcing, competitive price analysis, supplier relationship management and performance management. Experience in Ariba Sourcing modules or equivalent is desirable.
• Experience in M&E sourcing and related processes
• Proven track record of success including ability to problem solve and define solutions
• Results driven with strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of sourcing relevant legal terms and methodologies
• Excellent communication and project management skills
• Teammate with a positive attitude who can work with international teams
• Proficiency in MS office, including intermediate excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant tools
• Certified Processional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification is desirable
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or equivalent is desirable
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred