Senior Manager, Marketing -Velocity Pitch
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are a marketing and branded content studio. Our main goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make world class, marketing campaigns and brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premiere entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this could be for you.
At Velocity, we value diversity of thought, diversity of professional experience and we think your personal passions, cultural viewpoints and creative mind are all critical components of being a talented marketer. We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHATS THE JOB?
The Velocity Marketing Pitch team is a market facing team focused on meeting our advertiser partner business and marketing objectives through innovative creative and content solutions. On Velocity Pitch we take a strategic approach to our clients’ businesses and leverage Viacom’s vast portfolio of brands, programming, events, and products to craft a marketing solution that drive their businesses forward. In Pitch we are responsible for the entire pre-sell process; including creative ideation, strategic development, material creation and presentation. The Sr. Manager position reports into the Director, working across music and entertainment networks. In this role, you will partner with Ad Sales and support the Pitch Management team to help ideate and develop convergent campaigns across various Viacom Properties. We are looking for someone that is equal parts creative visionary, cultural guru and business powerhouse. Collaboration and a solutions-oriented approach are central to this role as you will be working closely with many cross functional teams including Marketing Execution, Creative, Research, Talent counterparts to develop bespoke marketing proposals.
In addition, you should be a team player, a fan of our content, talent and franchises, and have a passion for developing innovative and creative sponsorship solutions for clients that are engaging, drive revenue and provide meaningful solutions.
THE DAY TO DAY:
• Administer creative development, presentation and project management, supporting a dedicated sales team
• Work cross-disciplinarily with sales, programming and creative departments in order to facilitate concept development and execution of linear and online driven business
• Author materials for the advertising sales force, including partnership packages and custom convergent programs
• Coordinate with marketing and sales to address client feedback and/or changes to a marketing proposal/concept
• Track, communicate and disseminate client needs in order to provide oversight & meet deadlines
• Monitor progress on all outstanding custom pitches and update reports accordingly
• Music channel focus with opportunity to work across networks
CHOPS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS GIG: [AKA THE SKILLS SECTION]
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years’ experience in Strategic Planning, Integrated Marketing (within Entertainment) and/or Creative Agency experience
• A wizard in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Creative writing skills in addition to excellent oral and written communication skills
• Client-focused mind-set while understanding the needs of music channels
• Excellent project management and research skills
• Interest in social media and digital platform
• Unique balance of disciplined strategic thinking and creative passion
• Entreprenurial with ability to manager both up and down
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task
• A problem solver attitude and the desire to tackle projects with the gusto of a startup employee
• Impeccably high standards for quality work
• Bravery in owning the room