Senior Manager, Global Data Technologies
Full Time Job
You will be responsible for ensuring that Viacom has the needed products and technology to support our global data science teams. You will join our ambitious, multidisciplinary team to help architect, build, and maintain our cloud-based data infrastructure and ultimately accelerate our development and deployment of solutions.
• You provide technical leadership and guide agile teams of data engineers, providing work direction, guidance and coaching.
• Act as the key facilitator in assessing and resolving technical and operational issues; leading ongoing support and troubleshooting for the analytics and BI applications.
• You work with the business units on continuous improvements to application performance or functionality, develop and implement action plans needed to effect the change.
• Maintain deep familiarity with data technologies ecosystem in order to act as a domain expert internally.
• You conduct technical assessments of team and provide feedback on performance as necessary, including preparing and delivering personnel reviews.
• 3 years of experience supporting data engineering teams.
• Entertainment, studio, or media industry experience is a plus.
• You have deep understanding of the data analytics and business intelligence ecosystem. You are committed to continuous research of the industry, staying ahead of on the latest developments in this fast moving field.
• You are adept at using data to inform decisions and able to produce crisp and reproducible analysis.
• You demonstrate expertise in data warehousing, ETL or BI development is a very strong plus
• Able to write clean SQL, build end to end data pipelines using a scripting language like Python or a commercial ETL tool like Informatica
• You have experience with data visualization techniques and be highly aware of the pros and cons of various commercial techniques for structuring data for analysis
• You drive an initiative from conception to maturity by identifying a business opportunity and working with on a solution that provides immediate value to the customer.
• You are able to clearly communicate technical concepts to a broad range of audiences.
• Strong oral and written skills are required to effectively maintain the relationships with internal and external partners.