Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Research and Analytics
Full Time Job
At the core, we are a global solutions team that harnesses modern technology to create tech that empowers our clients! We are passionate about developing solutions across the enterprise that our partners praise for their innovation.
You will lead Business Intelligence solutions that focus on social analytics and market research. Strong data engineering skills and forging solid client relationships are important to success in this position.
• You are responsible for the development, support, and implementation of complex BI solutions; from data acquisition through to visualization.
• Provide domain expertise for data analytics and business intelligence platforms.
• You lead migrations, upgrades, and releases.
• Determine priorities and deadlines for any consultants or external resources to ensure business needs are effectively solved on time.
• You stay engaged with industry innovations and watch for opportunities to optimize existing tech stacks.
• Own budgets and ensure programs align with business drivers.
• 5 years of software engineering experience with 2 years in data engineering plus a degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor’s degree.
• You are fluent in SQL and Python, Java, or Scala.
• You have extensive experience with building and running data analytics inside of Amazon Web Services, GCP, or Azure.
• You have demonstrable experience running projects using traditional project management methodologies, as well as with agile development processes like Scrum and Kanban.
• Are ETL and ELT part of your keyboard shortcuts?
• Ability to save the world if necessary from the command line in a Linux environment.
• You are able mentor project and operations staff and working in a pan-global, multi-functional teams.
• Superb attention to detail, code simplicity and performance.
• You have understanding of Broadcast/Media business models (TV, Web, Mobile, VOD).
• Familiarity with media data sets (Nielsen, comScore, Adobe Analytics, social platforms).