Senior Manager, Content Partnerships
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Content Partnerships - Distribution Sales & Business Development
Senior Manager, Sales and Business Development, will participate in the development and execution of Distribution & Business Development’s sales, distribution and marketing strategies that support Viacom Media Network’s efforts to drive incremental revenue and to secure media value through the distribution of Viacom television content and industry leading brands. The Senior Manager will be a part of the Sales and Business Development team and will work collaboratively with their team(s) to manage MVPD and SVOD accounts, seek new distribution opportunities, and will help maximize partner marketing initiatives that support sales and distribution efforts – all while building and maintaining strong relationships with distribution partners. Position reports to VP. Travel required within the U.S.
• Support VP in the development and implementation of sales distribution strategies, including partner negotiations, through managing internal relationships within Distribution & Business Development (e.g., Strategy, Operations, Partner Marketing, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance)
• Act as part of a team to collaborate with key internal executives in the development of sales and marketing strategies that drive distribution and marketing initiatives. These plans will capitalize on sales opportunities, support channel priorities, and help drive client-focused revenue and distribution goals.
• Account lead for selected distribution partners and provide comprehensive account service by developing excellent working relationships with key contacts at various levels and by knowing the existing agreements and partner specific data.
• Responsible for the sell-in and implementation of sales, marketing and advertising sales strategies by building, maintaining and supporting customer relationships in order to best understand their needs and business priorities to determine how Viacom can best help drive business goals.
• Understand and anticipate industry trends that will affect network distribution and marketing strategies. Provide market research, competitive analysis, market strategies, and develop sales stories in support of Viacom’s goals. Present to the team relevant industry developments in advertising technology, such as TV Everywhere and VOD, or other emerging platforms. Provide strategic insight into these topics and offer solutions back to senior management.
• Source new partnership opportunities and communicate to internal executives to ensure Viacom is able to capitalize on new business strategies that align with Viacom’s goals.
• Proactively work with Business Operations team(s) to ensure all Viacom content/assets are delivered to partners on a timely basis.
• Represent Viacom Media Networks and reinforce the value of Viacom’s portfolio of industry leading networks at client meetings and industry events and influence clients about Viacom’s unique brand proposition(s) to help them sell through to customers.
• Accompany clients to special events, when necessary.
• Liaise with and provide feedback to Partnership Marketing as they assemble and develop promotional plans to ensure the plans are highly valuable to the clients. Help create and review all sales and marketing materials to ensure customer needs are being met and help to develop or leverage tie-ins to VMNs national initiatives to create value with affiliates whenever relevant.
• Provide ongoing marketing opportunities to build strength, awareness and client value for all VMN brands. Create merchandising ideas that build brand value and create visibility and demand for VMN products.
• Manage, track and measure the results of sales distribution efforts, contractual compliance, and marketing partnerships and assist in the overall tracking of partner reporting, data collection and analysis for key accounts.
• Manage team Coordinator and mentor junior team members, as applicable, providing on-going development and coaching and employee feedback as necessary, including year-end reviews.
• Perform specific projects on as needed basis.
• 6 years relevant work experience, including sales or business development experience
• Client management skills and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Distribution & Business Development landscape, both traditional and digital
• Strong communication and project management skills
• Interest and passion for technology and media
• Strong Excel, Power Point skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience managing others and mentoring junior team members
• Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Extremely proactive and results oriented approach to all tasks