Senior Graphic Designer - Viacom Catalyst
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Designer’s primary function is to conceptualize and develop top quality corporate and creative materials for consumers, affiliates and employees.
Projects include a full-range of branding, print and digital designs, including but not limited to ads, brochures, digital newsletters, environmental installations, websites, merchandise, logos
and brand looks.
This position works directly with the VP, Design, Design Director and Art Director to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects.
• Develop innovative graphic design that positions our company and brands in the most effective way possible
• Work within, and simultaneously push forward the Viacom graphic identity
• Ideate and brainstorm concepts that reflect strategic business goals
• Collaborate with writers, project managers, and digital team
• Effectively present work to clients
• Push projects forward with Minimal oversight; be able to work autonomously when needed
• Hire and oversee top quality illustrators, photographers and various vendors to meet the excellent standards set by Viacom
• Develop outstanding work under tight deadlines and tight budgets
• Proficient on Macintosh with Adobe Creative Suite (Especially InDesign, Illustrator
• Three to five years design experience at a top studio or in-house department are necessary
• College degree preferred; BFA in Communication Arts
• Ability to think strategically and creatively
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to produce under pressure
• Has good organizational skills
• Knowledge of photographers and illustrators
• Knowledge of print and digital production