Senior Finance Analyst
Full Time Job
Desired Start: ASAP
Department: UK Finance
Manager: Senior Finance Manager
Job Title: Senior Finance Analyst
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
This role is part of the finance department looking after Ad Sales for UKIA (UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand). The team consists of 5 members who manage the forecasting, reporting and analysis surrounding the Ad Sales revenue streams. The team in the UK also manage the relationship with Sky Media who we outsource our Ad Sales to.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager the role is responsible for all aspects of forecasting, accounting and reporting for our UK Channel 5 Family advertising sales, circa £300m. This includes Channel 5, 5Star, 5USA, 5Select and Paramount.
The role also has a commercial element assisting business leads with any ad hoc queries regarding profitability, channel performance and commercial deals.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Forecasting, actualising and reporting for UK C5 Ad Sales (P&L and Cash)
• Maintain and accurately update the UK C5 Ad Sales model, continuing process improvements.
• Maintain a weekly Risks & Opps tracker for UK C5 Ad Sales for distribution to key business/financial stakeholders, as well as other weekly revenue trackers
• Track and understand the KPIs and drivers of revenue performance; using them to provide insightful variance analysis
• Loading P&L and Cash forecasts into the financial system on a monthly basis across all C5 brand entities
• Working with GBS (our Shared Service team in Budapest) to ensure month-end position is correct; maintaining internal controls to help do so
• Providing the New York head office with monthly P&L commentary; making sure it is relevant and concise
• Assist commercial team with set up and revenue recognition of Programme Finance deals.
• Assist the relevant Business/Commercial teams for any ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities/risks.
• Assist with annual audit requirements and SOX processes.
• Work with GBS to ensure revenue accruals are reasonable and accurate on a monthly basis
• Provide a month-end pack including revenue booked, variance analysis to prior year and budget/ forecast, back-up to the accrued revenue
• Assist Senior Finance Manager Commercial for Ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities that arise
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Newly Qualified Accountant
• Experience of working in a fast paced finance department preferably, or from practice.
• Experience of working in a media environment but not essential.
• Advanced excel skills with experience of dealing with complex models
• Proficiency in using financial systems/software (desirable but not essential)
• Working to tight deadlines
• Must be able to work without direct supervision
• High level of attention to detail a must whilst able to maintain focus on the bigger picture.
• Commercial acumen
• Ability to analyse problems from many different angles and provide a range of outcomes
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with all levels of seniority within the organisation and externally, including finance and non-finance personnel
• Ability to analyse high volumes of data and draw conclusions as to the key drivers
• Committed to continuous improvement, with an inquisitive mind-set
VIMN Core Competencies:
• Is direct and honest in dealing with others
• Treats all people with respect and fairness
• Acts consistently with their words
• Follows ethical business practices
• Works effectively through job and organisation changes
• Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll C5 for your season travel card up front and you can C5 us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Australia, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment