Senior Director / Director, New Business - Distribution & Business Development
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development (DBD) team is responsible for all content distribution to MVPDs, virtual MVPDs, SVOD, new direct-to-consumer services, mobile/social platforms, and emerging platforms.
Given the rapidly evolving content ecosystem, we are adding a new focus to the team to concentrate on dedicated idea generation, prospecting, and product brainstorming in order to drive new business, new relationships, and new consumer touchpoints with third parties.
We are hiring a Senior Director/Director who will be integral in developing new partnerships, working reciprocally with the broader distribution team and across Viacom’s brands.
• Assist Vice President, New Business in identifying and prospecting for new cross-company business opportunities. This could include:
• New distribution partnerships across any platform (e.g., mixed reality, connected cars, mobile/5G, retail, out of home)
• Identification of incremental opportunities with existing partners
• Brainstorming and pitching of new products with new or existing partners to extend the availability and monetization of Viacom content
• Identifying other business opportunities
• Take ownership of partnerships and/or products, to include development and setting of measurable metrics for performance evaluation (e.g., number of new deals, revenue, reach, etc.)
• Coordinate closely with numerous existing roles and internal constituents:
• Existing deal/partnership functions: partnering with existing teams for opportunities with pre-existing relationships (e.g., new product pitch with MVPDs requires hand-in-glove partnership with MVPD account team)
• Channels: for channel specific opportunities, close integration with channel business functions
• Functional areas: corporate development, ad sales, etc.
• Other deal teams: Pluto, Viacom Digital Studios, Viacom International Media Networks, etc.
• Track new business activity across deal teams to ensure alignment of activity taking place across DBD and other Viacom teams
• Significant business development experience
• Experience developing and launching new products via partnerships, including developing balanced economic models
• For Director: 5-7 Years of business experience
For Senior Director: 10 years business experience;
• Deep understanding of new technologies within the content space
• Proven track record of creative partnerships, deals, product launches, etc.
• Hustler and self-starter
• Highly collaborative and expert at working in matrixed environment
• MBA Preferred
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.