Senior Counsel, Media and Technology
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Counsel for the Multiplatform Ad Sales, Business Development and Digital Team, Viacom Media Networks Business and Legal Affairs group working on advertising, technology and content production and development transactions. Responsibilities include application development and support, multiplatform advertising sales and operations, branded content and integrated marketing, enterprise technology and IT infrastructure support, research and data licensing, information security, anti-piracy and distribution. Work on a variety of complex transactions for various business areas across all Viacom Media Networks programming services, AwesomenessTV, Pluto TV and the Viacom Media and Technology Services group.
• Structure, draft and negotiate services agreements, software development agreements, enterprise software and software-as-a-service licenses, hardware licenses, agreements relating to the purchase and sale of advertising across linear, digital and emerging platform ad sales operations and strategy, digital content and production agreements, talent and social influencer activations, intellectual property licenses, data licenses, strategic alliances, integrated marketing agreements and distribution and license agreements in all media platforms.
• Advise and counsel a broad range of client groups representing all Viacom Media Networks programming services, AwesomenessTV, Pluto TV and the Viacom Media and Technology Services group on a variety of complex business and legal matters, including responsibility for, or key involvement in, developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives across business and legal teams.
• JD. and New York Bar membership required
• 3 years of relevant large law firm and/or media company experience required.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of software and technology services and digital media required, with experience required in one or more of the following areas: software licensing and development, ad sales operations, social media, data licensing, privacy, copyright, anti-piracy and other intellectual property laws, distribution, licensing and entertainment.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task to cover a high volume of deals and work independently is an absolute requirement.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content - including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences - for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.