Full Time Job
Job Title: Schedule Manager
Contract Type: Full – Time
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT IS THE ROLE
• Work closely with the Digital Channels Director and Planning team to devise and deliver competitive schedules that maximise audiences with a focus on daytime, late night and weekends.
• Work with the Digital Channel Director to manage each channel’s press cycle, tweaking and updating the schedules post press if required up until day of transmission.
• Line manage members of the digital channels Planning team. Conducting regular 1-to-1’s, annual reviews and goal setting with direct reports, as well as managing & motivating them day to day.
• Work with the Planning team to make sure schedules are accurate, on junction and are exploiting ratings opportunities.
• Responsible for helping deliver the channel’s ratings against an annual target and the specific demos appropriate to the brand.
• Be knowledgeable about competitors, interpret detailed viewer insight research to inform and evolve the channels schedule over time.
• Work with Audience Insight to evaluate all content post transmission and assess effectiveness against the target audience.
• Provide ideas and enthusiasm to help build both brand awareness and ratings – creating & packaging content and stunts to keep maintain viewer loyalty.
• Identify suitable secondary content from C5 and the wider portfolio and make certain that core shows are relicensed in a timely manner.
• Assist in managing the digital portfolio transmission budget, dividing it up appropriately to ensure that all slots are filled with relevant competitive content all year round. Maintain a strong relationship with Finance.
• Liaise with the Programme Management and Acquisitions teams to ensure that both commissioned and acquired series are delivered in accordance with the planned TX launches.
• Become the point of contact for Press, Marketing, Social, Media Planning, Sponsorship and Sky Media. Manage these relationships and ensure promo priorities are given the correct level of support across all disciplines.
• Oversee the content sharing process with sister brands within the Viacom Family. Work closely with the Viacom scheduling teams to ensure that all programme stock is being used effectively across the whole Channel 5 / Viacom portfolio. Manage sublicensing relationship with the Pay Channels.
• Work in partnership with the Channel 5’s digital team to inform them of the channel schedules.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
-Considerable experience in a scheduling environment dealing with multiple departments such as Audience Insight, Press, Media Planning, Finance, Commissioning & Acquisitions.
-An ability to create ideas and come up with innovative solutions to problems
-A thorough understanding of the TV landscape, including a full understanding and appreciation of the important role that online and VOD now play, along with an understanding of UK PSBs and their channel families
-Able to interpret complex audience data.
Additional core competencies:
• Communication – ability to communicate effectively with others both oral and written
• Administration – ability to work consistently and accurately
• Attention to detail
• Relationship management - the ability to build and develop relationships quickly with a variety of individuals
• Work Planning - ability to prioritise, plan and organise activities
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Creativity: Push beyond the expected
• Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
• Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
• Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
• Collaboration: Work together as one team
• Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
• Trust: Assume best intentions
• Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
• Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.