Programming Executive 6 Month Ftc With Potential To Progress To Perm
Part Time Job
Programming Executive (Part time 22.5 hours per week) 6 month FTC with potential to progress to Perm
We are excited to be able to offer this 6 month returner opportunity, in partnership with Women Returners, to support professionals an opportunity to transition back into the workplace, after an extended career break or anyone seeking a part time role with a proven editorial experience!
This new opportunity, is offered as a part time role (22.5 hours per week), initially on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, where you will be able to use your skills already gained throughout your career, but have the support to transition back into a working environment through coaching workshops, training and on the role mentorship from peers and leaders to help you build confidence and progress into a permanent role.
Due to the current restrictions in place, this role will initially be offered on a remote bases and likely move to a hybrid working model, offering you the ability to own the way you work effectively, through a mixture of working from home and from the Camden office.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
The Commissioning team is responsible, editorially, for original programming for VCNI UK. We receive pitches from independent production companies and select projects to develop and commission to pilot and series. This role leads all aspects of the editorial elements of the commissioned programmes as they go through development, pre-production, production and post, representing our creative interests.
• Coordinate production and editorial quality of selected returning series.
• Take editorial responsibility for core established brands and maintain quality and work with the Commissioning team to evolve established brands
• Support Commissioning relationship with social media/digital
• Support the Commissioning Editors with liaison with production companies and talent to develop new ideas of programming
• Help to build the greatest possible workplace experience for employees.
• Drive the 'One ViacomCBS' approach, role modelling great teamwork and collaboration.
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Help to embed the ViacomCBS values and foster a culture of inclusion
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
• Previous experience working with production companies and UK Broadcasters with good editorial judgement and understanding of TV audiences and landscape
• knowledge of managing large workloads and prioritising effectively
• Experience in production schedules and budget management
• Creative, competitive and passionate approach to commissioning
• Ability to prioritise and meet multiple, conflicting deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to use your own initiative within a fast paced team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills with high attention to detail
• Ability to be flexible and appreciate the creative process
• Confidence in liaising with people at all levels of the organisation
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working