ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely production and distribution of recurring cross-platform performance reports for Comedy Central, Paramount Network and TV Land, as well as the competitive landscape. The Analyst will work with the team to extract and analyze data from various sources to provide actionable insights to various departments. The ideal candidate will show analytical abilities, be detail oriented, and have an inquisitive nature and a love of media.
• Collect, prioritize, and analyze Nielsen data and other consumer tracking sources for daily/weekly reports and ad-hoc requests for Comedy Central, Paramount Network and TV Land, and competitors
• Analyze original and acquired programming
• Maintain and update programming schedules in Nielsen systems
• Ad-hoc projects such as program trending, reach, time spent viewing, co-viewing, duplication, and time-shifted viewing
• Digital and Social Media reporting for channel originals
• Help provide insight on who the audience is, audience viewing behavior, and the evolving television and digital landscape
The Analyst will work closely with the Senior Director to balance the above tasks, as well as ad hoc analyses for groups such as Programming, Development, Press, Finance, Distribution, and Marketing.
In addition, the Analyst will collaborate with peers within the Viacom Research group to coordinate uniformity of reporting and to produce daring tracking reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 year related work experience (internships okay) in television and/or media data analysis
• Good analytic and numeric skills
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Very detail oriented
• Highly organized, able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Exhibits professional attitude
• Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Knowledge of reporting tools (StarTrak, MyEvnts, NPower, Adobe Omniture, comScore On Demand, Delmondo, Canvs, Nielsen Social, Facebook Analytics, YouTube Analytics) a plus
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.