ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely production and distribution of recurring cross-platform performance reports for Paramount Network, Comedy Central, and TV Land, as well as the competitive landscape. The Analyst will work with the team to extract and analyze data from various sources to provide actionable insights to various departments. The ideal candidate will show analytical abilities, be detail oriented, and have an inquisitive nature and a love of media.
• Collect, organize, and analyze Nielsen data and other consumer tracking sources for daily/weekly reports and ad-hoc requests for Paramount Network, Comedy Central, TV Land, and competitors
• Analyze Paramount Network, Comedy Central, and TV Land original and acquired programming
• Maintain and update programming schedules in Nielsen systems
• Ad-hoc projects such as program trending, reach, time spent viewing, co-viewing, duplication, and time-shifted viewing
• Digital and Social Media reporting for channel originals
• Help provide insight on who the audience is, audience viewing behavior, and the evolving television and digital landscape
The Analyst will work closely with the Manager to handle the above tasks, as well as ad hoc analyses for groups such as Programming, Development, Press, Finance, Distribution, and Marketing.
In addition, the Analyst will collaborate with peers within the Viacom Research group to coordinate uniformity of reporting and to produce competitive tracking reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 year related work experience (internships okay) in television and/or media data analysis
• Good analytic and numeric skills
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Extremely detail oriented
• Highly organized, able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Exhibits professional demeanor
• Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Knowledge of reporting tools (StarTrak, MyEvnts, NPower, Adobe Omniture, comScore On Demand, Delmondo, Canvs, Nielsen Social, Facebook Analytics, YouTube Analytics) a plus