Full Time Job
Job Title: Production Manager
Department: Production Management
Reporting to: Director of Production and Programme Management
Location: Hawley Crescent, London
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Working as part of the Production Management team, responsible for the negotiation and management of Channel 5 programmes, this role is responsible for assessing and approving budgets and schedules and negotiating the key commercial terms for original content commissioned for all Channel 5 Services. The PM role is accountable for overseeing the entire production cycle of content produced for the channel’s services from initial negotiation and approval via the channel’s BBAm commissioning process, to the delivery of masters and paperwork and the assessment of final costs reports and milestone payments.
Working directly with the Director of Production & Programme Management and our Commissioning Editors to negotiate and agree the key commercial terms for each commission, this role is responsible for liaising with external producing partners and channel departments. You will efficiently manage the smooth production and delivery of the channel’s slate of commissioned content, and you’ll ensure clear communication across the department as each production progresses.
• Working within the Broadcast division, review and negotiate production budgets and schedules with producers and suppliers, ensuring value for money and assessing whether a production budget and schedule is appropriate for each production
• Negotiate all commercial terms for each commission
• Liaise with Channel 5 departments to ensure excellent communication and efficiencies
• Work with the Director of Production on company/departmental systems and workflow, inputting into the change management of systems from creation through to implementation
• Manage the end-to-end production process from intention to commission, through to delivery and final costs
• Managing the smooth running of payments for suppliers, approving invoices and final costs
• Liaise with the Business and Legal Affairs department to ensure that the contract terms are correct and PPA’s are issued and signed in a timely manner
• Manage slate of multiple productions at various stages of the production cycle and ensure that all system data is up to date in order to reflect this
• Identify new ways of working and contribute to effective implementation
• Manage day to day communication that arises from producers and suppliers
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Solid proven experience in production management at a senior level
• Knowledge of the programme production cycle is essential
• Proven track record in budgeting, cash flow, cost analysis and rights negotiations
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to take initiative with excellent problem solving skills
• Diplomacy, sensitivity and integrity
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Knowledge of Production Insurance and Health & Safety of Productions
• Positive energy and a passion for production management and programme making
• Excellent IT skills, particularly with Excel, Power Point and Outlook
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here: https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland
Channel 5 is the UK’s third largest commercial channel reaching 44m viewers every month with a spirited mix of high quality and emotive content. Since September 2014, the Channel 5 portfolio of channels has been owned by Viacom International Media Networks.
In addition to Channel 5, our family of channels include 5STAR – the fun loving home of some of the biggest dramas, soaps, entertainment shows and movies from the US and UK; 5USA – the definitive place to see the best drama and movies direct from the US; and Spike – the exhilarating channel with a programming mix that is different to anything else on British television. The portfolio is completed by My5, the most widely available commercial on-demand service available across multiple platforms and delivering a range of great content.