Production Manager, Short Form Production
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Short Form Production Group (SFP) is a nimble team focused on the production management and close support to Brand Creative groups. Content created includes; Promos, Image Campaigns, Still Photography (key art, gallery, press), Integrated Marketing, Show Opens, Social, Digital, Corporate, Consumer Products and/or any marketing project or initiative requiring logistical support and problem-solving expertise.
The Production Manager is a physical production expert with the ability to LP select projects and manage 3rd party productions. The candidate will be self-starter, motivated, quick thinking, flexible and thorough. This is a demanding and fast paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking and must exercise good judgment, show initiative and be a team player. He or she should be able to juggle multiple responsibilities and projects with a laser focus on organization and attention to detail while being flexible and capable of prioritizing shifting priorities and deadlines. Must possess ability to anticipate production challenges and address, or bring attention to, before a negative impact. Must keep an eye on the bottom line and seek efficiencies, implement cost savings measures. Use internal resources to the maximum benefit of any and all projects including using human and other resources within the Short Form Group and out. Be a continuous champion and promoter of creative 1st.
Specific Duties May Include But Not Limited To:
• Manages and creates a production plan of action with the LP/Producer and works to bring the various aspects of the production together
• Hires crew and clearly defines rates and working conditions
• Has working technical knowledge of electronic film making process
• Communicates and disseminates information to cast and crew: call times, schedule call sheets, location information, etc.
• Updates the producer of the production’s financial status throughout production
• Provides constant feedback to the Producer and alerts him/her to foreseeable conflicts or logistical challenges.
• Is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production coordinator(s) and/or production assistant(s) both staff and freelance
• Follows the budget set by the producer and is responsible for maintaining all logs (PO, PC, Payroll, etc.) via Showbiz budgeting
• Ensure that agreements, contracts and releases are executed
• Responsible for PC and relays policy and procedures
• Maintains in-house office, prop, locations, wrap folders, wardrobe storage
• Creates budgets and/or acts as LP on shoots as directed
• With LP, works with the Viacom safety director to ensure on-set safety
• Limits liability exposure to Viacom
• Generate final cost reporting and/or actualizing of production budgets
• Process payroll for talent and crew and track progress
• Improve cost containment measures
• Manages project travel logistics for internal staff, cast and crew
• Facilitate vendor setup within SWIM system and Submit/Confirm PO’s and invoices
• Prepare and process paperwork including payroll for crew, talent, and freelancers.
• Prepare T&E reconciliations for p-cards and corporate cards through Concur
• Field inquiries from vendors regarding invoices, payments, and/or vendor setup
• Maintain documentation on team’s shared drive
• Maintain and seek out experienced and high quality freelance staff and crew
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
• Maintain potential filming locations and studios in the US
• Fulfill other duties and tasks as requested by the project lead or supervisor
• BA/BS Degree preferred
• Must be able to travel, mainly domestically, some international possible
• 6 Years physical production management experience
• Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Professional, self-motivated, results-oriented with a “can do” attitude
• Able to respond after business hours to urgent and timely issues
• Maintain confidential information
• Inquisitive and willing to continue learning
• Able to look at improving standard operating procedures and internal processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office, and become proficient with OneDrive, Showbiz Budgeting, ShowMgr, SAP, Concur, etc.
• Willingness to take calculated risks and think out of the box while communicating intentions to stakeholders