Product Manager, Growth and Personalization
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS is embarking on our own Digital Transformation to accelerate growth for our SVOD/AVOD businesses. A key pillar of this transformation is moving from static and editorialized experiences to handling audiences and personalized experiences.
We're looking for an experienced, data driven marketing leader with deep expertise in delivering and scaling personalized experiences for brands. This leader will drive ViacomCBS's personalization strategy across multiple touch points and experiences from digital engagements on our websites and applications to individualized emails and push notifications to drive subscriber retention. This strategy will drive impact and growth for ViacomCBS across all of our key metrics from new subscriber acquisition to user retention, renewals, and happiness!
The right candidate brings knowledge of personalization and experimentation strategies, algorithms, and dependencies such as profile data and taxonomy systems. This candidate understands the role different algorithms (such as reinforcement learning or collaborative filtering) play in crafting a personalized experience. They use their expertise in handling these algorithms to deliver value to our users!
Enabling our SVOD/AVOD businesses to effectively launch and run personalization and experimentation campaigns is a big part of this role. Scaling the reach, coverage, and impact of personalization at ViacomCBS is a key success measure.
• Drive ViacomCBS' Personalization and Experimentation Strategy for SVOD/AVOD. Determine how we'll scale the deployment of personalization campaigns into our products and experiences and enable cross functional partners to use our personalization technology.
• Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating with working teams.
• Define, inform, and drive prioritization of our data lake and data warehouse
• Constantly learn, have a clear pulse on innovation across the enterprise SaaS, data science, customer data, and analytics communities.
• BA/BS, ideally in Technology (computer science, computer engineering, economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative field)
• Experience in a combination of product management, strategy, consulting, customer/product analytics, data-science or an equivalent field
• Experience with SQL and other data science tooling such as Python, Jupyter Notebook, R
• Expertise in personalization for marketing and customer experience. Consistent record of designing and executing personalization campaigns for brands with millions of customers. Deep knowledge on the different personalization algorithms and how they can be used for different scenarios.
• Shown expertise in using data intelligence and analytics to drive growth for a brand. Experience using personalization and experimentation to drive lift in marketing campaigns and digital experiences. Knowledge of A/B and MVT testing along with core statistical measures of success.
• Track record of partnership with data engineering, data science, and software engineering teams to build value and deliver product innovation.
• Knowledge and expertise in Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) and the role of robust profile data in personalization systems. Validated ability to utilize signals from a CDP to drive segmentation and targeting of personalization.
• Experience utilizing 3rd party data providers to augment customer data records with in-market intent signals, household data, demographics or business firm data, etc to improve personalization approaches.
• Understanding of governmental privacy regulations on the collection and use of customer data (such a GDPR and CCPA) and how this impacts customer data management and personalized marketing.
• Authoritative communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
• Driven, results-focused attitude that is able to drive multiple large initiatives concurrently across cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Content, and more).
• Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions.