Full Time Job
Function: MTV COMMISSIONING
Job Title: MTV PRODUCTION – PRODUCER
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT IS THE ROLE
UK Programming is looking for a talented Producer to lead a small team and oversee the production of over 100 hours of ratings driven, talent fronted music programming across our linear TV music channels digital and social platforms. Applicants must have a proven track record in music / entertainment programming and possess strong editorial and organisational skills. You will be experienced in directing the biggest names in music and entertainment; can self-shoot to a high standard; possess phenomenal scriptwriting skills and boast an encyclopaedic knowledge of mainstream music, celebrity and popular culture.
• A pivotal role in the creative execution of commissioned content.
• Work to Music Commissioning Team & Series Producer to develop and deliver formats and ideas that engage on-screen talent and audiences on linear and digital / social platforms.
• Ensure programming is delivered to time, adheres to OFCOM guidelines, and MTV brand values.
• Write scripts, ensuring content is accurate & engaging to MTV core audience.
• Oversee edits / edit producing & ensuring all offline edits are submitted to Music Commissioning for editorial feedback & sign-off.
• Direct / produce studio and on-location shoots.
• Act as lead Production person when filming with Talent, ensuring contributors are briefed and all members of the crew are professional and courteous at all times.
• Liaise with internal MTV departments (TAM; Digital Media; Press & Marketing) to ensure content management & placement is maximised across all platforms.
• Liaise with internal departments (Music Commissioning; UK Programming; Viewing Unit; MML; Media Ops) to ensure programmes are delivered as briefed.
• Oversee the completion of all necessary delivery paperwork at the point of programme delivery.
• Liaise with Line Producer to ensure budgets are adhered to and all filming paperwork, permits and risk assessments are collated & submitted in advance.
• The Producer will ensure all shoots adhere to H&S laws, making changes on the day if necessary to enable all crew and contributors to work in a safe environment.
• Be a pro-active creative voice in editorial and forward planning meetings.
• Continually evaluate existing content and develop new format / strand ideas.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Creativity: Push beyond the expected
• Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
• Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
• Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
• Collaboration: Work together as one team
• Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
• Trust: Assume best intentions
• Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
• Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At ViacomCBS, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
WHO ARE WE
We are ViacomCBS!
ViacomCBS Networks International, a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAC), is comprised of many of the world’s most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS Networks International provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.
For those who have a genuine passion to learn about Media, our Internships are a fantastic opportunity to break into this fast paced and exciting industry and you don’t need to have any actual work experience to be considered. Which is why we don’t ask for your CV at the application stage. What is a real necessity is a genuine interest in our company, a desire to break into this hugely competitive industry and the willingness to learn, work hard and own your tasks.