Full Time Job
Desired Start: 15/07/19
Department: MTV PRODUCTION / UK PROGRAMMING
Manager: Series Producer
Job Title: Producer Hosted
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT IS THE ROLE
UK Programming is looking for a talented Producer-Director to lead production of over 100 hours of ratings driven, talent fronted music programming across our linear TV music channels digital and social platforms. Applicants must have a proven track record in music / entertainment programming and possess strong editorial and organizational skills. You will be experienced in directing the biggest names in music and entertainment; can self-shoot to a high standard; possess phenomenal scriptwriting skills and boast an encyclopaedic knowledge of mainstream music, celebrity and popular culture.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Excellent scriptwriting skills
• onstant generation of new ideas
• Self-shooting to a high standard
• Experience shooting and directing in a Studio environment and on location
• Experience of and ability to confidently direct the biggest names in music and entertainment
• Extremely confident edit producing skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to produce high quality work to tight deadlines
• Keen interest in and knowledge of all aspects of popular culture
• Keen understanding of online content and shortform
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Creativity: Push beyond the expected
• Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
• Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
• Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
• Collaboration: Work together as one team
• Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
• Trust: Assume best intentions
• Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
• Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
This is the small print part. We write it really small in the hope that you’ll never read it so we can slip in some stuff about making you clean out the bins or come to work naked and when you get the job and we ask you to do it and you question it, we whip it out, shake it in your face and say “didn’t you read the small print?!!”. But, as you actually are reading it, can we say we are mightily impressed. That attention to detail is the first sign that this could be a match made in heaven. So, you need to know that this job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. That means we may change it from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. Obvs. APPARENTLY, IT’S IMPORTANT THAT THIS SENTENCE IS IN CAPS BUT JUST KNOW, WE ARE NOT SHOUTING – THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here!
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
MTV Production is part of the wider UK Programming Team, producing a range of entertainment and music programming for our linear TV music channels digital and social platforms.