Paralegal, General Corporate
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Corporate Housekeeping, General Corporate Paralegal will provide a range of paralegal support for domestic and international corporate housekeeping, mergers and acquisitions transactions and other corporate matters.
Do you have the ability to work independently and show excellent judgment? This position calls for the ability to receive and adhere to directions for concurrent assignments, identify and handle respective deadlines, use time and company resources effectively and prioritize accordingly. This position will require the ability to identify and develop working relationships with appropriate legal and non-legal personnel across the company. Anticipation of what events may trigger subsequent tasks and follow-up is integral to this position. People within and outside the Company rely on information provided to them by this employee without further verification so information needs to be detailed, accurate, verifiable and complete. Attention to detail, comfort with autonomy and a high level of initiative are important.
• You will draft corporate documentation, including board and stockholder resolutions, certificates, etc. for incorporations, dissolutions, name changes, qualifications, withdrawals and state merger documents in various U.S. and foreign jurisdictions (in the case of foreign jurisdictions, liaising with local counsel as necessary)
• You will help maintain current and historical corporate information electronically in various databases
• You will prepare documentation for US and international treasury-driven initiatives, including restructurings, capital contributions, dividends, financings, etc.
• You will develop step plans for these transactions and liaise with Viacom legal, tax, treasury and accounting teams, and outside counsel in various jurisdictions
• You will prepare organizational charts for all Viacom divisions, powers of attorney, consents, agreements, certificates, etc.
• You will draft resolutions, certificates, handle state filings, update internal records and organize key closing documents
• Additional responsibilities will include other general legal department assignments
• Bachelor's Degree
• Paralegal Certificate required
• 4 years paralegal experience, preferably with a major corporate law firm or at an in-house corporate law department of the size and activity level of Viacom.
• Computer proficiency; extensive experience with Word; Excel, Visio, Blueprint OneWorld (Administration and General User versions)
• Experience drafting corporate documentation
• Some experience with M&A transactions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Timely and efficiently handle numerous assignments and responsibilities in an extremely fast-paced legal environment
• Ability to learn new software applications quickly
• Excellent judgment and social skills; ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities
• Understanding how to keep an assignment moving forward