Network Engineer, Orchestration
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to the world's best-in-class entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
Are you open to new challenges and the opportunity to work with exciting technology in a diverse team environment?
The Global Networking team handles the global network & wireless Infrastructure for Viacom Media Networks. This team is looking for an Engineer with Networking expertise and experience leading, developing, and delivering enterprise grade infrastructure automation & orchestration solutions. You should be a self starter who will take initiative to tackle complex problems and enjoys moving a function forward where possible.
to include, but not limited to:
• You will implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability.
• Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services.
• You will assist in the design & development of infrastructure code, configuration & topology version control & CI/CD workflows.
• Design, develop & implement orchestration workflows for infrastructure configuration, backup & management.
• You care about network performance & can compose analytics visualizations using 3rd party & custom applications.
• Work closely with video streaming traffic to evaluate performance, efficiency, security & functionality for.
• Administrate custom & 3rd party applications centered around infrastructure automation, orchestration, monitoring & analysis.
• Provide networking domain expertise to other teams.
• Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
• 3rd line support of Viacom global network infrastructure.
• Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies.
• Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions.
• Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments.
• Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent experience plus 5-7 years’ experience in a network engineering or telecommunication environment
• Technical experience in the following technologies:
• Cisco routers & switches (Catalyst & Nexus)
• Cisco firewalls, load balancers (Citrix), WAN accelerators, content filters
• Cisco wireless infrastructure
• IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS, URL filtering
• MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering
• Network QoS
• Multicast Routing
• Network Management
• IP Network Design & troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of the following automation technologies:
• Orchestration using Ansible/Chef/Puppet
• Continuous Integration/Deployment Pipelines & Workflows
• Cisco DNA, ACI, DCNM
• 2 years of Python programming experience, with emphasis on one or more of:
• Infrastructure Automation & Scripting
• API Scripting & Development
• Data Analysis & Visualization
• Version Control Software & Workflows
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
• Experience in Large scale enterprise project management
• Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritizing work
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment
• Service Provider Experience
• IP networking, LAN Switching, Network Security, Network Management
• Knowledge of Citrix, F5, Cisco Load Balancers
• Basic understanding of Virtual Machine/Hypervisor/Container Technologies
• Basic understanding of relational, graph & timeseries databases.
• Knowledge of WAN acceleration Technology
• Enterprise Network Migration Experience
• Knowledge of high availability, QOS & capacity planning
• Experience in Media/Entertainment/Broadcast/Hosting/ISP environment
• A strong enthusiasm for technology
• Data Analytics/Processing Libraries & Methodologies