Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Market Research and Post Production
Full Time Job
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Manager level. Your areas of focus will be in Research / Insights and Post-production. You will identify and lead strategic sourcing initiatives across Viacom business units focusing on all related expenditures. You will deliver cost savings and quality solutions based on close collaboration with business and finance leaders.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
• You will dedicatedly engage and propose measures to various senior management teams that drive global strategic initiatives through sourcing efforts, including supplier and spend consolidation.
• Responsible for handling numerous vendor initiatives across various categories including: Market Research and Measurement, Post-Production, Consumer Insights, Home Media Distribution, Syndicated Data, Digital / Social Tools and Platforms.
• You deliver ongoing annual cost efficiencies on source-able spend within the categories
• Lead and run RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
• You work as team member in vendor evaluation and selection; lead selection process and negotiations; recommend strategies that maximize value for the company
• Lead specified business units through sourcing process and ensure sourcing decisions are consistent with overall company strategy, policy, and needs
• You lead negotiations with vendors, in collaboration with key partners. Offer guidance and negotiation tactics to team.
• Work with business partners across various media network brands and studio groups to understand full vendor landscape and to identify savings opportunities across vendor engagements
• You make presentations to business unit management and senior company management on sourcing initiatives
• 5 years of prior supply chain or other sourcing experience.
• You have experience with research and insights as they relate to media companies: measurement, consumer insights, advertising research, and digital/social platforms. Previous experience within a media, agency, or research organization a plus.
• Understanding of the post-production process and relevant sub-categories for film and TV including key market players and vendor landscape.
• Experience with eSourcing and Spend tools.
• Deep knowledge and experience of sourcing and procurement processes
• Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or other quantitative discipline
• Experience in complex negotiations and prioritizing multiple components.
• Experience with SAP/Ariba or other ERP
• Ability to convert large volumes of data into meaningful and actionable information
• Ability to engage with wide array of personnel – Viacom executives to associates, vendors and customers – both large and small
• Ability to multi-task and lead changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Awareness of standard methodologies regarding vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
• Intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
• Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
• Ability to travel both locally and domestically