Manager, Sourcing - Research and Insights
Full Time Job
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Manager level. You will focus on Research and Insights and will identify and lead strategic sourcing initiatives across Viacom business units focusing on all related expenditures. You will deliver cost savings and quality solutions based on close collaboration with business and finance leaders.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
to include, but not limited to:
• You support Global Category Managers / Leaders in Developing and Executing Category Strategies and In Fulfilling Sourcing Requests from Business
• Conduct financial, demand and supply market analysis, and work well with business leaders to support in development of Category strategy
• You develop and execute both formal and informal RFP’s in timeframes as directed by Category Managers e.g., develop standard templates, identify both incumbent and new vendors, distribute to vendors; tabulate and analyze responses, support Category Manager in responding to vendor questions, prepare summary tables of comparative results across vendors
• You execute contract renewals and new contracts as assigned. Negotiate the best possible commercial terms while protecting Viacom through use of standard terms and conditions.
• You deftly and effectively process procurement requests from Category Managers – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
• Conduct other (frequently cross-functional) projects as assigned by Category Leader and Manager
• You demonstrate Data Analytics and collect Business Intelligence to Support Development and Execution of Category Strategies
• Support Category Managers with spend data analysis to assess current performance and identify improvement opportunities
• Conduct supply market research and analysis to identify / validate potentially qualified suppliers to meet business needs
• You continuously assemble business intelligence on category-specific sourcing standard methodologies and summarize / share with Category Managers
• Prepare performance scorecards and communicate to vendors
• 5 years of prior supply chain or other sourcing experience.
• You have experience with research, analytics, and insights as they relate to media companies: measurement, consumer insights, advertising research, and digital/social platforms. Previous experience in media, agency, or research organization a plus.
• Experience with eSourcing and Spend tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or other quantitative discipline
• You have previous experience working within the film, media and entertainment industry and/or the Physical Production, Studio Operations, Tentpoles, Publicity and Special Event category are strongly preferred
• Understanding of Studio Operations and experience supporting internal revenue generating businesses
• Familiarity with local and national Production Tax Incentives as well as significant industry rules & regulations
• Deep understanding of current industry trends and technologies across Film and TV Physical Production
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and presentation skills
• Ability to present information clearly and effectively
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external organizations at all levels.
• Validated negotiation skills
• General knowledge of accounting principles
• Prior use of data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Visokio) or willingness to learn a strong plus
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and take care of ambiguity
• Confirmed ability to be a standout colleague and possess strong work ethic and integrity
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and meet critical deadlines