Manager, Social Media - CMT
Full Time Job
Do you love country music? Do you know social trends and strategies, have strong writing skills? Are you a strong creative with the ability to create real-time social content? If so, join our incredible CMT Digital and Social Team.
We are responsible for developing and executing a robust content strategy across platforms. Rooted in Nashville, this team supports linear shows, events, and country music coverage across video, social and editorial. The creator-first group works in close collaboration with partners in the broader CMT organization, supporting initiatives across Marketing, Talent, Production, Integrated Marketing, and more.
The CMT social media manager should have experience creating and managing content across all social platforms (preferably for entertainment brands) with a background in writing/editorial, community management, engagement and growth. Experience creating social-optimized video is a significant plus.
They will work closely with internal teams in our Nashville office, developing relationships and being a partner with CMT’s talent, development, editorial, design, marketing, and Ad Sales teams as a primary responsibility.
• You will be working with the team coordinator to draft impactful, timely, engaging and consumer-facing posts related to CMT.
• You will build conf social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporate social plans into overall briefs and documentation.
• Understand the latest trends in social media, including platforms, formats and technologies to positively affect audience growth and metrics (including video views, social engagement and site traffic).
• You will create and handle holistic schedules and timelines.
• You will partner with editors and teams across CMT to optimize editorial and video content for social distribution.
• You will consistently monitor social trends, content and conversations to inform creative across platforms (some evening and weekend work as well as travel may be required for stunts, events and live-tweeting).
• You will develop working relationships with internal partners as well as external platforms.
• You will work with cross-brand social teams on content cross-promotion strategies.
• You will collaborate with external partners (Music Programming, on-air producers, Integrated Marketing, other business units, etc) to ensure that strategic objectives are understood in concept development, and met.
• Working with Research teams and third-party apps to identify and track analytics.
• Bachelor's degree
• Passion for country music
• 3-5 years in a social media or marketing role
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Keynote/Powerpoint, HTML editing tools, video editing, and content management systems
• Command of social media best practices across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat
• Experience producing and creating content for various platforms (both static and motion); branded content experience a plus.
• Copywriting as well as skilled background and understanding of brand tone of voice.