Manager, On-Air Marketing
ViacomWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently looking for a Manager, On-Air Marketing to develop effective media strategies for all channels on the Pluto TV platform. Working with various teams internally and externally, this individual will plan, schedule, and execute on-air promotional campaigns that build awareness and transition viewers across program schedules, resulting in driving viewer engagement and ultimately increased ads revenue for the business. For example, you might work with our Programming team, Content Marketing team, and the content rights-holder on the launch of a new channel, while briefing the Creative team to develop new promo assets, and partnering with the Ad Operations team to ensure those assets are accurately scheduled and targeted.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Promotional Strategy, Scheduling, and Media Planning: Developing and executing a rolling promotional strategy across linear and VOD channels to support marketing, programming, and sales priorities, including promoting the Pluto TV brand, channel launches, content series, specials, stunts, and other initiatives
• Content Upload and Ingest- multiple video types and formats
• Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborating with Brand and Content Marketing, Programming, Sales, Creative, Ad Ops, and external partners
• Scheduling/Targeting: Coordinating scheduling and targeting of promotional assets.
• Reporting: Monthly/Quarterly reporting to cross-company partners and executives.
• Data Analysis, tracking and management: Working closely with the Business Intelligence team to establish, measure, and refine effective promotional strategies
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 years of experience in promo planning for linear television or digital media networks, including experience working with content, marketing, and other cross-functional teams
• Past experience in production - knowledge of production pipeline from concept to delivery
• Technical aptitude - Google Docs/Sheets, Freewheel, Salesforce
• Strong experience with demographic profiles and audience targeting
• Confident working independently and as part of a team
• Proactive 'can do' attitude and commitment to going above and beyond to get the job done
• Be a creative problem solver and able to define, interpret and respond to creative briefs
• Able to translate annual and quarterly goals into tactical plans
• Detail and deadline oriented. Able to work effectively and react quickly to change