Manager, Human Resources
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is currrently seeking a Human Resources Manager. The position will report to VP, Human Resources and provide Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist support to management and employees in the Finance and Legal Departments. The HR Manager will provide broad range of HR support for the Global Business Services (GBS) group, and will have responsibility for the Legal and BALA employees at the Manager level and below. These groups have employees based in Viacom’s various office locations: New York, Nashville and California. Position will also coordinate with HR partners in Budapest and Buenos Aires who have employees in same client groups.
Human Resources Manager will support (2) Sr. Directors Human Resources who oversee all HR related functions for Finance and Legal groups. Manage assigned client groups on issues related to employee relations, org structure, compensation, performance evaluation, staff development and HR administration. Provide support to employees by giving guidance and responding to questions and issues in a timely manner. The HR Manager will also be responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Senior Directors on projects and initiatives that span the entire Finance and Legal Groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide guidance to managers and employees on all employee relation issues; determine underlying issues, brainstorm on solutions; document process and follow up as needed. Work with HR Investigations team as needed
• With input from the Sr. Directors, Human Resources, coordinate issues related to organization re-structures (severance conversations, outplacement, re-staffing)
• Work with client groups as needed to ensure robust and effective goal setting and Performance Development process is conducted on timely basis
• Identify, recommend and coordinate individual and group training as needed
• Partner with Organizational Effectiveness and Training team to recommend methodology for individual and organizational development
• Understand client group’s staffing needs and partner with Staffing Dept. to ensure diverse slate of qualified candidates are being sourced and referred to department in timely manner
• As needed, manage critical hire process for client groups and provide necessary documentation for position approval.
• Manage Exit Interview processes; determine any trends and take proactive approach to resolve future issues
• Work with clients to update job descriptions as needed. Partner with Compensation Department on job evaluation process as related to promotions, salary adjustments, new positions, etc.) for respective client groups.
• Ensure communication flow of compensation related issues is delivered timely and appropriately to employees
• Special Projects
• Ad hoc reports and analysis in the areas of headcount, turnover needed
• As necessary, manage full or parts of department focused projects
The Manager will have a significant amount of discretion and accountability when working with client group on day-to-day operations. They will work closely and take direction from Sr. Directors, Human Resources on long-range strategic decisions, new programs or complex situations. Position does not manage budget or generate revenue.
• 3 years experience in Human Resources with direct exposure to employee relations and staffing. Prior experience handling a client group is helpful but not required.
• Previous experience supporting a large business unit is preferable
• College degree in business administration, human resources, psychology preferred.
• Solid knowledge of employment laws and sound HR principles
• Demonstrated ability to influence and drive organizational effectiveness
• Proven ability to deliver client focused HR solutions to business problems
• Strategic thinker with the ability to tactically translate ideas to workable solutions
• Demonstrated ability to deliver operational excellence and proven time management skills to multiple task in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated sound judgment and ability to work autonomously or as part of high functioning team
• Proactive mindset, ability to multi-task and prioritize issues for large client groups
• Computer saavy; proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, Visio and Visier helpful
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of interpersonal, diplomacy and confidentiality skills