Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing - Post Production
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
Our Global Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Manager level. This position will identify and lead strategic sourcing initiatives across Viacom and Paramount Pictures business units focusing on various categories in the Post-Production spend tower. The candidate will deliver cost savings and quality solutions based on close collaboration with business and finance leaders. The desirable candidate will be an adaptable Sourcing professional with interest and flexibility to work across multiple categories.
This role also requires the development and execution of sourcing strategies, with an equal emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as the ability to manage RFI and RFPs and handle vendor negotiations.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
• Proactively engage and propose measures to various senior management teams that drive global strategic initiatives through sourcing efforts, including supplier and spend consolidation.
• Deliver ongoing annual cost efficiencies on sourceable spend within the categories
• Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
• Work as team member in vendor evaluation and selection; lead selection process and negotiations; recommend strategies that maximize value for the company
• Lead specified business units through sourcing process and ensure sourcing decisions are consistent with overall company strategy, policy, and needs
• Lead negotiations with vendors, in collaboration with key stakeholders. Offer guidance and negotiation tactics to team.
• Work with wide range of business stakeholders across various media network brands and studio groups to understand full vendor landscape and to identify savings opportunities across vendor engagements
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with client business units
• Make presentations to business unit management and senior company management on sourcing initiatives
• Gather, analyze, and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
• Drive project activity through the communication of expectations, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables.
• Manage issues and risks and communicate to management, when appropriate. Consult with senior management and project management experts as needed. Facilitate communication between project team and stakeholders.
• Demonstrate the ability to put a structured sourcing process into action in formal and informal negotiations, and leverage the process to resolve conflicts and build consensus.
• Create supporting documentation to applicable standards such that the value generated can be included in executive-level presentations.
• Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Utilize data analysis to solve business problems. Draw conclusions from analyses that are not immediately obvious.
• Proactively seek information on similar, relevant, past agreements and apply such information to optimize current results.
• 5 years of prior supply chain or other sourcing experience.
• Understanding of the post production process and relevant sub-categories for film and TV including key market players and vendor landscape
• Experience with eSourcing and Spend tools.
• Deep knowledge and experience of sourcing and procurement processes
• Successful Project Management track record
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience in complex negotiations and prioritizing multiple components
• Financial and pricing analysis
• Experience with SAP/Ariba or other ERP
• Experience developing and/or presenting business cases
• Ability to convert large volumes of data into meaningful and actionable information
• Ability to receive and give constructive criticism
• Experience in managing global vendor relationships
• Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient;
• Attention to detail, sense of urgency, work ethic
• Strong written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient
• Ability to engage with wide array of personnel – Viacom executives to associates, vendors and customers – both large and small
• Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross-functional teams throughout a full project lifecycle
• Awareness of best practices regarding vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
• Intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
• Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
• Ability to travel both locally and domestically
• Interest in the media industry
• Knowledge and interest in key sourcing areas such as:
• Media Services
• Post Production
• Film/TV Operations
• Physical and Digital Distribution
• Animation Operations
• Knowledge of global supply base