Manager, Deal Finance
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Deal Finance team provides financial and analytical support to the Content Distribution group arising from the distribution of Viacom portfolio of networks. This team works closely with all members of the deal team and is an essential knowledge resource for the group. As the Deal Finance Manager, you will develop analyses and provide insights to support renewal and new business efforts. This is a highly visible role within our organization and ideal for someone who enjoys financial modeling.
include but are not limited to the following:
• Developing financial models to analyze the economics of distribution deals. Evaluates proposals, prepares financial scenarios and develops an informed point of view.
• Developing deep knowledge of key affiliate agreements, particularly pricing and packaging.
• Conducting company and industry research.
• Preparing presentations for senior management.
• Ad hoc analysis and special projects
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance preferred, MBA a plus.
• 2 years of experience working in a highly analytical environment (ie: Investment Banking, Business Development, Consulting or Strategy Groups). Media industry experience a plus.
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Comfortable working with large data sets and databases.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Team player with strong project management and organizational skills
• Curious business person with the ability to develop creative solutions