Manager, Business Operations - Viacom Distribution & Business Development
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development (DBD) department is responsible for driving revenue through the distribution of Viacom Media Networks content with new and existing partners e.g. AT&T, Comcast, Charter, Amazon, Apple and Hulu. Within DBD, the Distribution Operations team oversees key operational areas.
Take a lead role managing operations for DBD, focusing on business solutions and the associated business processes required by DBD, Viacom’s linear signal distribution, and new media operations, including project management of non-linear content delivery to distribution partners.
• Managing the implementation and daily operations of DBD business solutions, which include: internal signal and financial management system, b2b website, intranet site, reporting solutions and CRM system
• Developing and implementing business processes and procedures
• Identifying and realizing new solutions to support DBD and partner needs
New Media Operations
• On-boarding new distribution partners in order to ensure a precise transition to the day-to-day activity pipeline
• Handling the operational aspects of DBD’s current new media products with existing distribution partners
• Regularly communicating progress, status, issues and resolutions to key partners and management
• Reviewing deal terms and supporting negotiation/implementation of operational requirements
• Handling daily linear operations to ensure access to Viacom Media Networks linear services according to business guidelines
• Executing strategic projects pertaining to linear operations, such as technology and reconciliation initiatives
• Ensuring the ongoing integrity of signal database and related records
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience, project management or business solutions implementation
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Strong project management skills with dedication to run multiple projects and address challenges with flexibility
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Analytical mindset and ability to organize large data sets