Executive Assistant, Distribution & Business Development
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Sales and Business Development team of Content Distribution.
This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day executive assistant needs for the Senior Vice President and Vice President(s) of Content Distribution. This role requires a candidate who is very detail orientated and who enjoys working in a high pace and dynamic sales environment. The candidate for this role must be a forward thinker who anticipates needs, and is focused on ensuring his or her SVP has a smooth and focused schedule. This candidate must be a good communicator, with a passion for administrative work and a desire to help others. This candidate will develop and maintain key relationships with key internal assistants and client assistants with executives and distribution partners.
• Own the day-to-day calendar for the SVP and two VPs of Content Distribution. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling meetings and events with internal and external parties, managing day to day phone access and availability of the SVP/VPs.
• Book all travel for the SVP/VPs of Content Distribution, which includes, but is not limited to, flights, car pick-ups, hotel booking, dinners and events planning with key clients.
• Candidate is responsible for helping Content Distribution schedule team events and activities, as well as managing the business events for the SVP/VPs.
• On behalf of SVP/VPs, candidate will help support Content Distribution Client Relations and send and follow up on RSVP lists for Viacom’s tent pole events and other key channel events.
• As delegated by SVP/VPs, candidate will also help support and organize select documentation, including, but not limited to, creating binders, copying and storing key documents.
• Candidate is responsible for managing a series of select administrative tasks on behalf of the SVP/VPs including, but not limited to, travel and expenses, and various approvals within Viacom administrative systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and foster strong and positive working relationships within Viacom and between Viacom and key distribution partners.
• Schedule meetings, book conference rooms, set up conference calls, handle incoming phone calls, maintain files and update databases.
• Assist in planning of client dinners, department events and team outings. When necessary, assist or accompany Client Relations for special events.
• Respond to facility issues, and assist with special projects as needed and as delegated by SVP/VPs.
• Administer and track key client information and tracking reports including, but not limited to, subscriber reports and information, financial reports and information, organizational charts, client lists, contractual compliance, data collection and contact information and key distribution data.
• Research time-sensitive client information on the Internet, such as channel lineups, corporate research and financial information.
• Attend to Viacom client groups and vendors regarding payment inquiries, and coordinate payment issues with key accounting teams. Work with third party vendors including obtaining W-9s and collaborate with Viacom Finance and Operations on any payment related issues.
• Assist with end of year accruals and other operational administrative duties as needed.
• As directed by SVP/VPs, assist with preparing emails, documents and other Word, Excel and Power Point documents in a timely manner.
• Scan agreements and other key documents for digital storage needs.
• Perform specific projects on as needed basis.
• 3-7 years of experience as an Executive Assistant
• BA/BS degree is preferred, but not required
• Superb email, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point skills
• Candidate must be a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude, who exhibits a deep passion for supporting executive leaders and senior management
• Candidate must have an entrepreneurial drive, passion, and natural curiosity for the work
• Candidate must be a self-starter who will be able to “hit the ground running” working independently and in conjunction with EVP Audience Science
• Experience with various CRM tools is a plus
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment
• Must have strong communication skills and be a forward thinking anticipating needs of SVP
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Ability to proactively manage multiple projects
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong research skills
• Strong quantitative skills