Director, Strategy and Distribution - Awesomeness TV
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Awesomeness, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc., is a media company focused on creating original content for Gen Z through its digital publishing, film and television studio divisions. Awesomeness has become the destination for youth culture, cultivating a loyal audience with hit programming on the world’s biggest streaming services including Netflix and Hulu, along with the company’s immensely popular short-form programs on YouTube that garner hundreds of millions of views. As a leading media brand, Awesomeness’ world-wide distribution footprint spans owned, social and premium SVOD platforms. The company also includes a creative agency, creator network, and brand partnerships division. Founded in 2012, Awesomeness is headquartered in Los Angeles, with additional offices in New York and London.
Are you someone who will be able to close deals and identify new business development opportunities? Then Awesomeness will be interested in you for their Director, Strategy & Distribution:
You will be responsible for closing deals to gather commercial value from ATV’s programming and IP
You will help Identify new business development efforts
• Secure US partnership deals for AwesomenessTV’s premium television series, films, and short form content across all business models.
• You will lead and influence key international distribution partners to see opportunities, advise on deal terms, and maximise revenues / brand exposure.
• You will help grow commercial direct-to-consumer OTT AVOD and podcasting revenues
• Monitor and track financial performance
• Formulate strategic sales plans/pitches and priorities to drive new business development opportunities including co-pros, e-commerce, consumer products etc.
• Provide ad hoc deal analysis and a detailed knowledge of the value of rights.
• Prepare and deliver presentations for external clients and senior executives.
• Compile and regularly present market insights, trends and research to help support commercial sales and licensing activities.
• Minimum of 5 Years distribution experience within a Major Film or TV studio.
• Experience in TV / Filmed Entertainment industry, with a strong interest in Teen programming and digital trends
• MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• Strategic planning/business development experience.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and analytical acumen.
• Ability to interact with diverse groups internationally.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment that requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines
• Proficiency with Keynote and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop presentations and present to and interface with multiple levels of management including senior executives throughout the Company
• Willingness to learn and advance