Director, Strategy and Distribution - Awesomeness TV
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Awesomeness, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc., is a media company focused on creating original content for Gen Z through its digital publishing, film and television studio divisions. Awesomeness has become the destination for youth culture, cultivating a loyal audience with hit programming on the world’s biggest streaming services including Netflix and Hulu, along with the company’s immensely popular short-form programs on YouTube that garner hundreds of millions of views. As a leading media brand, Awesomeness’ world-wide distribution footprint spans owned, social and premium SVOD platforms. The company also includes a creative agency, creator network, and brand partnerships division. Founded in 2012, Awesomeness is headquartered in Los Angeles, with additional offices in New York and London.
Director, Sales & Distribution role will be responsible for managing key aspects of AwesomenessTV’s commercial growth initiatives across US and International territories. Candidates will be required to:
• Develop and implement key sales and licensing efforts of premium television series, films, and short form content to on-demand platform services and other TV buyers in the US.
• Demonstrate extensive understanding of the US slate of programming to inform programming and scheduling strategies for direct-to-consumer OTT opportunities in English speaking territories.
• Provide ad hoc deal analysis based on comps and a detailed understanding of the value of rights across territories.
Work with key internal Viacom stakeholders to monitor and track financial performance of international sales teams and develop insights.
• Formulate strategic sales plans and priorities to drive new business development opportunities including co-pros, e-commerce, consumer products etc.
• Help maintain and update sales presentations and tools for the commercial team.
• Prepare and deliver communications / presentations for external clients and senior executives.
• Compile and regularly present market insights, trends and research to help support commercial sales and licensing activities.
• Minimum of 5 Years distribution experience within a Major Film or TV studio.
• Experience in TV / Filmed Entertainment industry, with a strong interest in Teen programming and digital trends
• MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• Strategic planning/business development experience.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and analytical acumen.
• Ability to interact with diverse groups internationally.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment that requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines
• Proficiency with Keynote and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop presentations and present to and interface with multiple levels of management including senior executives throughout the Company
• Willingness to learn and advance