Director, Product Management - Viewing Experience
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We're Showtime (part of the ViacomCBS family) and have some of the most groundbreaking original programming in the industry, including Emmy and Golden Globe nominees and winners like Your Honor, Ray Donovan, Billions, Shameless and Dexter. This position is within the company's Product team, where we build SHOWTIME our stand-alone OTT streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere offering.
We're looking for a passionate, accomplished, results-driven product leader to help define and ensure the best possible audio and video experience for Showtime and Showtime Anytime customers. In this position, you will be responsible for advancing a very critical component of our service as it is delivered across 14 platforms and hundreds of devices. As Director, Product Management - Viewing Experience, you will collaborate with other product managers as you support the launch of our services on new platforms, bring to market products like custom video players, introduce features such as new, higher-quality video and audio capabilities, manage implementation of video-adjacent features like promotional preroll, and research and troubleshoot issues involving video playback or video-related features.
We're looking for someone who has significant product management experience with video players, player features and video playback (VOD and Live playback, 4K and HDR, DRM, accessibility, etc.) who is resourceful, data-driven, user-focused and team-oriented. We'd also like it if you had interest and curiosity around aspects of our products other than the viewing experience, as there may be opportunities to learn/contribute to other product initiatives as well.
This role is inherently cross-functional; not only will you collaborate closely with other product managers, you'll partner with product engineering, video operations, program management, and product design and other Showtime teams as you enhance our customer experience and ensure we're compliant with regulatory and legal requirements.
Ideal candidates for this role will be highly analytical, technically fluent problem-solvers with solid people skills and a ready sense of humor.
• Develop a deep understanding of Showtime's current and future subscribers, especially their behavior and preferences when watching or deciding to watch our programming within our products.
• Continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends related to on-demand streaming, live streaming and downloaded video viewing.
• Partner with UX on devising better, simpler, smarter interactions. Whenever possible, think beyond the competitive status quo to bring new perspective and ideas to UX problems and solutions.
• Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best-in-class digital viewing experience.
• Live in the data -- strive for measurable, constant improvement of our subscriber viewing experience.
• Work cross-functionally and closely with other members of Showtime's Product team to execute cross-platform integration of all features and enhancements and accessibility requirements.
• A passion for digital video and/or media
• Experience in delivering products and services in a lean, high-growth environment.
• Track record of partnering with UX and Design to hone the UX of large-scale customer facing products
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions. Experience using a variety of product-usage measurement tools.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Strong desire to make users happy: You have clear opinions about what makes a good customer experience.
• Demonstrable ability to both understand details AND see the bigger picture.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.