Director, Pitch - Velocity
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premiere entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this job could be for you.
We value diversity of thought, and we think your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience. We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHATS THE JOB?
The Velocity Pitch team is a market facing team focused on advertiser partner needs and lead ideation based on client brief, data and insights, and VMN talent/ assets. The Director position reports into the VP on the convergent client facing pitch team, working across music and entertainment networks. In this role, you will partner with Ad Sales to help ideate and develop convergent campaigns across various Viacom Properties. Collaboration is at the core of this role as you will be working closely with Ad Sales, execution and creative counterparts to manage client requests.
As director, you will lead creative development, presentation and project management, and support a dedicated sales team. In addition to being detail-oriented, a team player, a creative writer, a fan of our content, talent and franchises, you should have a passion for developing innovative and creative sponsorship solutions for clients that are engaging, drive revenue and provide meaningful solutions. The Director of Pitch will also be managing and delegating to other Pitch teammates.
THE DAY TO DAY:
• Author support materials for the advertising sales force, including standard sponsorship packages and custom convergent programs
• Work cross disciplinarily along-side Marketing and Sales to address client feedback and/or changes to a marketing proposal/concept
• Lead the brainstorm and development of new marketing programs for sales
• Provide oversight and ensure a constant flow of communication for projects
• Monitor progress on all outstanding custom pitches and update reports accordingly
• Demonstrate the impact of our advertising programs to drive incremental value to our clients and revenue to the business.
• Bachelor degree with 7-10 years’ experience in Ad Sales, Integrated Marketing and/or agency experience
• Client-focused mind-set while understanding the needs of ad sales and the channels
• Excellent project management, problem-solving and research skills
• Interest in social media and digital platforms
• Strong knowledge of Power Point and Excel
• Creative writing skills
• Unique balance of disciplined strategic thinking, creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on
• Knowledge of marketing with linear and digital distribution, earned media and social media
• Understanding how to apply marketing strategy to creative ideas and campaign activation across video, digital, mobile, social and event marketing
• Ability to delegate, identify and provide opportunities for growth and ownership
• A leadership strategy that includes thoughtful team communication and reinforcement
• Flexibility, initiative, appetite for entrepreneurial environment and an appreciation for various corporate cultures
• Strategic and analytical thinker
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
• A problem solver attitude and the desire to tackle projects with the gusto of a startup employee.
• Impeccably high standards for quality work
• Bravery in owning the room
We are a branded content studio. Our main goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities offering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.