Director, Performance Based Marketing Execution and Activation
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom is currently seeking a Director of Performance Based Marketing Execution & Activation for its Audience Science Group (ASG). This role will specifically focus overseeing the day-to-day trading for growth marketing for Viacom’s Pluto TV, the leading internet-based television platform. This Director will be reporting directly into ASG’s Senior Vice President of Digital Media. They will be responsible for leveraging all available marketing execution and trading technologies available across the entire programmatic ecosystem to plan, create, and optimize campaigns to promote Pluto TV and expand its user-base. The role will focus on buying and trading for all types of inventory: display, video, audio, social, search, digital out of home, and any other relevant spaces. This individual will work very closely with Pluto’s dedicated marketing team to ensure optimal campaign performance, participate in analytics and product testing efforts, and lead internal execution-focused research efforts to develop new best practices and strategies for both the current and future team.
• Work closely with the Pluto TV marketing team to understand the immediate and future needs of any digital marketing campaigns
• Campaign management responsibilities include set up, day to day optimizations, strategy development, project management, reporting and end of campaign recaps
• Execute and manage campaigns across all manner of buying platforms (DSPs, SEM platforms, social buying platforms, CTV, etc)
• Serve as main point of contact for facilitating programmatic direct deals (PMP, Preferred Deals, Programmatic Guaranteed, etc)
• Handle daily campaign maintenance including questions regarding tracking and status of various campaigns.
• Maintain a clear communication channel with internal partners regarding expected deliverables
• Formulate effective media strategies to accomplish the main goals and KPIs tied to Pluto TV’s growth within the digital streaming ecosystem.
• Understanding the evolving online media environment and have a strong foundation with data-driven marketing
• Contribute to weekly, monthly, and annual insights and strategy reports
• Eventually oversee one to two junior traders handling both their training, professional development, and day-to-day workload.
• Bachelor’s degree; (Preferably in a marketing or quantitative discipline)
• 6 years of experience in digital advertising, marketing, or brand management with a heavy focus on direct to consumer, performance based, or digital acquisition marketing. Preferably with experience managing at least one employee. Experience in Television, Film, Streaming, Gaming or DTC a huge plus.
• At least 2 years of hands-on keyboard self-service bid management platforms and active self-service Programmatic campaign management at an agency or trading desk platforms
• Experienced in media buying related technologies: DPSs, SEM platforms, FB Business Manager, Twitter Ads Manager, Snapchat, Linkedin, etc
• Online trafficking experience with Adservers and experience using pixels and coding URLs for campaign tracking
• Experience working with large data sets to understand bid trends, MTA and optimization strategies (Can work within AWS, SQL environments)
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to ingest requests and provide recommendations toward identifying & solving underlying business questions.
• Previous experience building operational processes and driving team efficiencies
• Strong communication skills; personable; charismatic
• Strong analytical skills. Must be comfortable with MS Excel, data analysis, SPSS / R and additional statistical technologies is a huge plus.
• Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Strong work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done.