Director, Partnerships - Distribution Business Development
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks Distribution and Business Development department (“DBD”) is responsible for driving revenue with new and existing digital distributors (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) and multichannel video distributors (e.g., AT&T, Comcast, Charter, Verizon) through the distribution of Viacom Media Networks programming. The Director will report to the VP, Partnerships, and will be a crucial part of the team managing a mix of traditional, digital and new distributor relationships with the responsibility of securing new and existing revenue.
• Lead negotiations with traditional, digital and new distributors from proposals through negotiations.
• Support VP with large partner negotiations through managing internal relationships with Legal, Strategy, Marketing and Operations as well as knowing the existing contracts and partner specific data.
• Develop and manage relationships both internally and externally to advance the goals of driving revenue and building partnerships.
• Account management responsibility for both existing and new accounts. This entails both building and nurturing relationships with client counterparts as well as overseeing all day-to-day obligations with such accounts. The Director should be responsive, solutions oriented and proactive both internally and externally.
• Represent client point of view internally with peers and stakeholders at Viacom.
• Lead account specific strategy and relationship management, both internally and externally.
• Manage reporting, data collection and analysis for all key accounts, including proactively identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
• Identify and assess new business opportunities with new accounts and areas within existing accounts to drive incremental revenue streams.
• Develop and communicate insights on key issues within the industry, including account specific information and analyzing quarterly earnings reports.
• Bachelor’s degree, JD or MBA preferred
• 7 years of relevant work experience; preferably in content distribution or acquisition, at a programmer, studio or a distributor.
• Deep understanding of the media business, including key players, business models, competitive forces, and strategic issues.
• Creative, strategic and analytical thinker and problem solver.
• Exceptional people skills – including skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships
• Expertise in PowerPoint, advance Excel skills
• Outstanding written and oral communication
• Strong strategic and analytical skills
• Ability to proactively prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Experience working across large organizations
• Goal-oriented team player
• Interest and passion for technology and media
• Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Extremely proactive and results oriented approach to all tasks