Director, Partner Solutions
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Partner Solutions is a highly skilled sales person and a strategic business thinker, who is deeply knowledgeable of their accounts’ business. The Director tailors the collective power of our portfolio of brands and products to solve client needs. They act as the central point person within all of Ad Solutions for their assigned accounts, and is responsible for all relationships and the achievement of the budget on that account, through the development, coordination, implementation and communication of the account strategies and plans.
The Director leads the account business across all networks, platforms, and all Ad Solutions or Viacom products and assets (including non-ratings businesses and assets outside of Ad Solutions) - driving our client-centric Solutions sales approach. The Director reports to the VPs Ad Solutions.
You are the Account Business Owner.
include but will not be limited to the following:
• Responsible for the achievement of the budget on the assigned accounts
• Deep dive into the client’s business – understand not only advertising needs, but their overall marketing strategy and business strategy and challenges
• Develop the Viacom strategy for the account – responsible for the Account plans, scorecards, and relationship maps - tailoring the Viacom portfolio of brands, products, and services to the client’s needs
• Portfolio approach - represent all Viacom brands, all Ad Solutions products and any relevant Viacom products or assets – including non-ratings businesses (e.g., Shopper Marketing, Experiential)
• Responsible for the accomplishment of the Account strategy by initiating, coordinating, leading, and resolving any conflicts related to the activities outlined in the account plans. Account scorecards will be completed each FY
• Responsible for the Account Upfront (together with the SVP/ VP), and closes all larger Scatter deals for the account, with day-to-day support from the SSEs, Planners, and CSRs.
• Product budgets – as part of the account planning process, the Director will assess each of Ad Solutions products applicability to client needs and will provide potential revenue estimates to each product group (to be done in a collaborative process with the product groups and SVP/VP)
• Relationship owner on the assigned accounts, for the Client, and the account people on the Planning Agency and Buying Agency.
• BA or equivalent degree required, MBA a plus
• Strong experience in one or more areas including: Advertising Sales, Solutions sales, Marketing, Marketing Tech/ Data (Sales, Strategy, Managerial), media/ marketing strategy, Management Consulting
• Strong consultative selling skills, Solutions mindset
• Excellent PowerPoint and strong command of all other MS Office are required
• Ability to apply a range of problem-solving skills to client’s business challenges, and boldly and creatively turn them into tailored client solutions
• Ability to operate with multiple monetization models - traditional advertising (TV, Digital), data, content creation, social, experiential, Shopper and so on.
• Proven internal and external leadership skills. Strong ability to communicate and function as a collaborator / account strategist across multiple groups within MPS and Viacom.
• Flexible, self-driven, welcomes change and new areas to learn, while also a teammate, collaborator and contributor to the larger organization and to our people and culture
• Proven ability to develop client relationships at key decision maker levels
• Excellent communication skills, including at senior levels. Storyteller.