Director, International Communications
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A key member of the ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI) Communications team, the Director of Communications for Entertainment and Youth brands is a creative, strategic individual with an ambitious spirit and laser focus on bringing big ideas to life. In collaboration with the VP, this senior role will be instrumental in helping shape and amplify the internal and external narrative for MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network and BET outside of the US.
The right candidate is adept at identifying and moving large proactive story concepts forward and has a record of high level story placements. This person thinks beyond traditional campaigns to build buzz in new ways, and can easily collaborate with partners across the organization globally to bring projects to life. An exceptional writer, the Director will have experience authoring and editing materials ranging from press releases to executive remarks.
Additionally, the Director will support VCNI employee engagement activities sought at bringing our mission, vision and values to life, and support VCNI corporate communications initiatives.
• Identify and secure high-level stories spotlighting our Entertainment and Youth Brands outside the US, including priority programming, music initiatives and digital/product/innovation stories
• Author and review materials including releases, pitch letters, communications strategies, statements, internal announcements, newsletters, etc.
• Develop, execute and oversee internal and external communications campaigns that incorporate a blend of new and traditional tactics
• Act as a central contact for communications teams around the globe, partnering with teams to elevate stories on an international level
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with journalists, social talent and talent reps
• Partner with team to build, implement and support employee engagement initiatives for VCNI
• Support select internal and external VCNI corporate communications projects
• 10 years of communications experience, preferably in entertainment/media industry with corporate communications experience
• Able to travel internationally and domestically as needed, once travel resumes
• Exemplary written and oral communications skills
• Excellent media relationships and proven media relations results
• Digital, social media, editorial savvy and plugged into pop culture, youth culture and trends globally
• Incredible collaborator with ability to work on both strategy and implementation, no job is too big or too small for the right candidate
• Ability to rapidly shift between multiple projects and priorities
• Highly motivated, inventive self-starter who takes initiative
• Comfortable on shoots, red carpets, working with talent and working large-scale events