Director, Analytics Implementation & Data Integrity
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Viacom Digital Analytics team supports the digital presence (web sites, apps, OTT) for Viacom brands such as Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central worldwide. The team is a center of excellence focused on reporting, analyzing and evangelizing data observations and experiments to quantify the health and optimization efforts of Viacom’s Digital platforms. We perform an invaluable function in the decision making of every digital team member. We are responsible for Design Data Collection Specs and working with our counter parts on the product analytics side to translate data into actionable insights and provide a fact-based space for evaluation of new ideas and creative risks.
Given the important nature of the insights, the team require leadership from an Implementations & Data Integrity Director to ensure the digital team has the data it needs to operate effectively.
• Manage a team that leads & maintains the analytics implementations of Adobe Analytics across all our brands and digital platforms.
• Provide leadership and set the direction for data analytics implementation cross platforms.
• Monitor the implementation of a data integrity process to support the data quality and validity of our data collection work.
• Evaluate and Manage implementation methodologies used, data quality and synergies across various third-party data sets and develop strategic recommendations on behalf of the Analytics team
• Work closely with the Product Analytics team to identify analysis needs and resolve tagging issues affecting analysis and develop solutions to continue providing value to the product teams and other stakeholders.
• Support our key stakeholders leveraging our data sources to support our decisions and provide insights into audience behavior.
• Demonstrate expertise with various tracking services, their methodologies and applications – continuously identify the proper information solutions for business needs.
• Continually look for process and reporting improvements and implement those changes were applicable.
• Develop processes to work with QA Test automation engineers to create automation scripts for QA validation to support our platform updates and launches.
• Experience and understanding of web and app cycles, product development rituals & working with solutions such as Jira and confluence.
• Experience with packet sniffer and debugging tools such as: Charles Proxy & VPNs for HTTP requests validation.
• Solid client management skills – experience agency side and/or supporting large, diverse internal client groups
• Experience managing a highly efficient multidisciplinary team.
• Minimum 5-7 years of analytics experience, preferably in the digital space
• Expert level user of digital Analytics solutions such as: Adobe Analytics (omniture) or Google Analytics
• Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI and or programming languages such as R, Python is strongly recommended
• Experience with A/B testing and statistical significance techniques such as t-test, ANOVA, correlation, etc.
• Ability to clearly articulate and present initiatives to creative and technical teams alike
• Hands-on experience with Marketing LTV analytics solutions such as: Tune, Apps Flyer, Urban Airships, etc.
• Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving, with exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented – obsessive about accuracy and the applicability of findings
• Must work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, adaptable and customer-oriented
• Excellent quantitative skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• A sense of humor is a must, we pride ourselves with our team fit, a sense of humor and comfort in a diverse environment is key to succeed.
• Advanced college degree