Director, Global Strategic Sourcing - Production and Events
Paramount PicturesHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Director level, based in Los Angeles. This role will focus on driving global sourcing activities and initiatives across Film and TV Physical Production, Studio Operations, Tentpoles, Publicity and Special Event vendor spend portfolios.
The person filling this role will serve as strategic leader and a contact point responsible for building and managing relationships with key vendors and Viacom business owners and will be required to develop and implement global sourcing strategies and initiatives, drive cost savings and identify and impact efficiencies within the respective departments supported.
• Deliver ongoing annual reduction and cost efficiencies on addressable spend within the category
• Show continuous YOY improvement on % of category addressable spend covered under approved category strategies and with preferred vendors
• Partner with category-related business leaders to develop and implement Category Strategy to deliver targeted savings while meeting business requirements for innovation, quality and time
• Be a credible, sought-after value-added partner to business leaders – deliver sourcing savings to help them to meet their objectives faster and at lower cost
• Be a change agent, someone who proactively looks for new and innovative ways of approaching problems and is able to gain buy-in from stakeholders at multiple levels
• Partner with stakeholders across Viacom to drive increased transparency across channels and networks and foster relationships that allow for knowledge sharing and increased internal partnerships
• Proactively integrate with key business leaders / their teams – be in a position to anticipate / support / steer sourcing needs before they become “last minute requests”
• Minimize cost and maximize value in the category sourcing process by selecting / deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements.
• Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
• Lead cross-functional sourcing teams to rigorously pursue and capture improvements
• Gain business support to consolidate spend while satisfying variations in requirements across the businesses and functions. This includes capturing opportunities from consolidation of spend in acquisitions
• Efficiently and effectively process sourcing requests from the business – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
• Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
• Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term relationships
• Develop negotiation strategies and drive aggressive negotiations with vendors to achieve strong financial outcomes in conjunction with legal and other key internal requirements.
• Actively engage in vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
• Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Leverage data analytics to improve category strategy development and execution
• 8 years of sourcing experience (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions, interests-based direct negotiations)
• Relevant media/entertainment industry experience working for a similar organization and/or studio.
• Bachelors in Finance/Accounting/Business. MBA and/or formal Purchasing certification a plus
• A proven track record of cost reduction and productivity improvements; ability to influence and drive change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
• Experience working with and supporting Film and TV Physical Production, Studio Operations, Tentpoles, Publicity and Special Event stakeholders and projects
• Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment with moving variables
• Demonstrated understanding of the Film and TV Physical Production and Tentpole event lifecycle (from concept to execution)
• Understanding of Studio Operations and experience supporting internal revenue generating businesses
• Familiarity with local and national Production Tax Incentives as well as relevant industry rules & regulations
• Solid understanding of current industry trends and technologies across Film and TV Physical Production
• Demonstrated skills in negotiation and supplier management – can lead complex negotiations to successful outcome
• Experience executing complex internal negotiations with multiple stakeholder groups yielding win-win results for all parties
• Experience in contract development, administration, and/or management
• Ability to manage issues and risks and communicate to management in a timely manner, when appropriate.
• Experience in negotiating complex deals with multiple global vendors
• Experience in managing global vendor relationships
• Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling including development of business cases
• Comfort with written and verbal communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
• Availability to directly support and interact with multiple international business units
• Awareness of best practices regarding sourcing levers (e.g., procurement levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements) and vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
• Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data
• Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient; financial modeling preferred
• Strong written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient