Director, Global Audio Visual
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of Global Audio Visual (AV), a report of the Head of Global Client Services, leads a team of direct reports and matrixed employees and is responsible for global service delivery of AV across all of Viacom’s brands. Our goal is for our users to experience elite audio video experiences with both internal and external clients.
• Transforms Viacom Media and Technology Services (MTS) strategies into multi-year plans and goals for AV.
• Leads the creation, consistency, and global delivery of AV standards and policies, environment selection, and AV technical solutions. Partners with users to ensure selected standards are simple to use and support.
• Possesses a solid grasp of business needs, including aligning simplified solutions to their functional processes, business objectives and organizational dynamics.
• Leads the successful delivery of global AV projects, including:
• Developing or ensuring the development of accurate and thorough forecasts.
• Ensuring resources and organizational structure are in place and operating effectively.
• Anticipating conflicting needs, including interdependencies with other initiatives, and dedicatedly resolving them.
• Establishing detailed punch out lists and a formal customer sign-off process to ensure successful handoff of delivered AV solutions.
• Ensuring that projects are on time, on budget and meet the needs of the business.
• Being responsible for the timely resolution of all issues impacting project delivery, whether technical, business, or AV Integrator related.
• Delivers automation of metrics reporting and performance monitoring on AV projects and services in use to provide transparency on the delivery of AV services for Senior Management.
• Accountable for decision-making regarding the AV organization, establishing the structure of the team and its internal processes, and defining and ensuring quality and seamless delivery of simplified AV standards.
• Participates in budget planning and is accountable for handling of established budgets, including reallocating funding as priorities shift.
• Partners with and integrates across other areas of MTS, working with these areas to resolve conflicts, handle contending priorities, collaborate on future solutions, and provide completely aligned solutions.
• Possesses broad AV functional experience, with the ability to identify and use technical authorities across the AV domain.
• Effectively handles existing relationships with all AV Integrators, ensuring the highest service quality and support at the lowest cost.
• Ensures the seamless delivery and support of Corporate AV events, including business town halls and C-Suite Video Events, business function specific events, offsite events, and live streaming through Viacom’s Workplace (Facebook) platform.
• Designs and aligns AV solutions to operate seamlessly with Cloud based initiatives, such as O365, IPTV, and Digital Signage.
• Delivers Self-Service workflows for AV services, such as license requests for Cloud VC accounts.
• Supports large internal event spaces with integrated AV technology, and designs future upgrades for these spaces with simplicity of support and overall quality as key work and measures of success.
• Continuously focused on lowering operating costs while maintaining quality of service and solutions.
• Creatively develops and sets tactical direction for the global AV team. Actively develops the AV talent, co-constructing performance goals, objectives and development plans; and provides ongoing constructive performance feedback.
• Develops AV organization and resource strategies.
• Responsible for all performance-related activities, including preparing and delivering performance reviews and any disciplinary recommendations.
• Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various AV solutions.
• Forms productive networks with internal and external business partners.
• Seen by colleagues as a key resource to raise AV problems and to receive mentorship and complete solutions.
• You lead the support and resolution of all AV issues throughout the duration of the incident.
• Works autonomously to implement and achieve objectives only seeking guidance when strategies shift or need to be clarified.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical AV subject matter to non-technical staff.
• A passionate and driven advocate for AV services across the company, with an established record of building elite AV systems and high performing support teams.
• Provides 24X7 support for AV problems that require immediate assistance.
• Up to 25% travel required.
• You will possess 8 years of relevant experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent. Advanced degree highly desireable.
• Exceptional knowledge of most of the following:
• Cisco TMS, Conductor and VCS, SX series codecs, Cisco Spark, Codian Media Service Engine (MSE) 8000, CUCM, SIP, H.323, VOIP, WebRTC, X20, Crestron Programming, Extron, Shure, Biamp, Barco, Vyopta, and AV cloud collaboration solutions, such as BlueJeans and MS Teams.
• Knowledge of ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow, and familiarity with the ITIL framework.
• CCNA and CTS/CTS D Certifications preferred.
• Digital Signage Certifications (DSCE, DSNE, DSDE, DCME) preferred.
• MCSE, PMP, ITIL, and/or Agile Certifications a plus.
• Media experience a plus.
• An accomplished leader who excels at customer service, staff mentoring, and displays excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
• Experience leading or building a successful enterprise global AV team.