Director, Advanced Advertising and New Media Operations
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Take a lead role managing the operational aspects of Distribution and Business Development’s (DBD) current and future advanced advertising and new media product deployments (such as DAI, Data, VOD and TVE) with distributor partners. This includes (i) acting as the Distribution team’s subject matter expert for the engagement, on-boarding and integration of distribution partners; (ii) partnering with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis; and (iii) maintaining a comprehensive understanding of advanced advertising and new media product deployments.
include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with internal SMEs on the implementation of DAI & data integrations with Distribution Partners, working with cross-functional leaders in product, ad ops and data strategy.
• Manage the operational aspects of DBD’s current new media products with existing distribution partners.
• Facilitate the on-boarding process of new distribution partners in order to ensure a seamless transition to the day-to-day activity pipeline.
• Represent DBD in on-going internal new media operational meetings.
• Provide operational guidance to teams within DBD, such Sales, Strategy and Legal as it pertains to advanced advertising and new media.
• Develop and communicate operational insights on emerging new digital technologies within the industry, e.g. addressable advertising, 4K, and HDR
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders on an on-going basis in order to build effective relationships.
• Partner with the VP on team leadership, strategy, planning and project execution.
• 5-7 years in a manager business operations role, within the media or technology industry.
• BA/BS Degree from top university/college.Demonstrated experience with advanced advertising, including both linear and on-demand DAI and associated data principles.
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Experience working across large organizations.
• Deep passion for problem-solving, with the ability to investigate potential issues and provide solutions.
• Ability to think and plan strategically with a business focus, while taking account of technical and operational constraints.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• Strong understanding of new media and digital products such as VOD, out-of-home linear streaming, new formats (e.g., 4K, VR), and emerging digital products.