Director, Culture & Creative Insights
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Culture & Creative Insights- Viacom Velocity
We are a branded content agency. Our main goal is to ensure that our brand partners are always a part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all of our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premiere entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this could be for you.
We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHAT’S THE JOB?
Velocity Culture & Insights is responsible for unearthing insights about different audiences and the cultural context in which they exist and bring them to life. The director will lead cross-disciplinary teams to drive the development of Velocity’s thought leadership studies as well as the creative (film, experiences, content) and marketing components (presentation, panels, workshops, etc) associated with it. In addition, bringing creative energy to develop experience-based trade activations to make Velocity famous.
You should be passionate about youth culture, and able to cultivate, define and lead a wide variety of projects. Having an entrepreneurial spirit backed by experience is a requirement in this role as you’ll work closely with senior members across departments. You'll also lead product and service innovations and other strategy projects for Velocity and Ad Solutions.
The Day to Day:
• Lead working team(s) dedicated to developing specific project deliverables
• In support of business development and launching engagements develop brainstorming and creative briefs
• Drive thought-leadership, including original IP, from initiation of culturally relevant topic to leading development and execution of research to developing a cogent and thoughtful narrative
• Develop innovative experiential activations, marketing and communication ideas to bring thought leadership to life
• Develop and facilitate presentations and workshops for brand partners
• Oversee project timelines, budgets, materials production, event planning, etc.
• 8 years in communications strategy development in a marketing/advertising agency or brand strategy consulting
• Willing to travel
• Strategic and analytical thinker with excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
• Understanding of and comfort with primary research from qualitative to social listening to surveys
• Creative thinker with ability to bring ideas to life
• Strong ability and comfort with developing interactive workshops and facilitating
• An innate knowledge of the challenges marketers face in the current landscape
• Proven ability to shepherd projects from start to finish
• Robust connection to and passion for culture and cross-disciplinary thinking
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-development and leadership skills
• A problem solver attitude and the desire to take on projects with the gusto of a startup employee
• Impeccably high standards for quality work
• Knowledge of media industries a plus