Director, Corporate Compensation
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director position (Compensation for Global Organizations) within the Global Compensation COE (Center of Expertise) will lead Compensation for Viacom organizations that span both Domestic Media Network (DMN) and Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN). Currently, MTS (Media Technology Services), CP (Consumer Products), and FinOps (Financial Operations) are organizations within Viacom where compensation and headcount exist in both DMN and VIMN.
This is a highly visible leadership role and must be able to work collaboratively across the organization engaging with executives from Human Resources (HR), Operating Groups, Viacom Corporate, and Finance. The candidate must be a finance domain expert on compensation expense, providing key leadership compensation planning, reporting, analysis, and metrics. The view includes both staff and non staff labor.
This is a crucial role in the organization with the goal of managing global organizations holistically without the “artificial” separation of domestic and international employees. The Director will report to the VP of Global Compensation COE. This position has no direct reports.
• Financial ownership of headcount and compensation for global organization headcount. ~1,400 staff employees with $200M compensation and another $50 M of non staff compensation
• Leverage various financial systems to forecast and report compensation expenses and headcount related to monthly/quarterly closes, periodic forecasting, and annual budgeting process
• Manage future restructure actions in coordination with key partners (HR and Comp & Benefits) to validate and report forecasted savings
• Partner with HR to align headcount reporting and related expenses to organizational changes
• Maintain strong working relationship with various stakeholders:
• HR which includes Operations, Compensation & Benefits, Systems, and Generalists
• Finance track leads
• Business partners
• Represent the Compensation COE on various initiatives that impact headcount and compensation planning
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or international equivalent
• 8 years of financial planning & analysis, reporting and accounting related experience, preferably in the media industry
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively across various departments and with strong executive presence and relationship management
• Strategic and highly analytic mindset that is self-motivated and self-starter
• Strong analytical abilities and decision making skills
• Ability to multi-task, adapt to fast paced working environment and deal with ambiguity
• Ability to create strong working relationships and work well both as team player and individually
• Some travel is required depended on the need of business