Desktop Support Engineer
Full Time Job
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
What is the role
The Desktop Services Engineer is a key role within the UK based desktop team, performing 1st/2nd line support for the workstation and application environment, including workstation / application builds and deployment.
• Ownership of Incident & Problem management requests relating to the workstation environments
• Responsible for delivering projects in line with standards whilst ensuring workstation Integrity is always maintained and Performance issues are quickly addressed
• Support the team lead in the diagnosis of inconsistencies relating to workstation and Business and Application issues
• Assist in developing opportunities for improving service and product delivery for workstation requirements
• Embrace the ‘One ViacomCBS’ approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need
• Complete understanding of workstation operating systems including Microsoft and Apple and experience providing application support
• Technical experience of Microsoft infrastructure applications (Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM & Jamf)
• Excellent written and spoken English with confidence communicating with technical and business staff at all levels
• Creative Problem Solver
• Attentive and Diplomatic Listener; particularly when dealing with clients
• Able to work independently and set own priorities
• Responsive to client needs in a pressured and challenging environment
• Results-oriented with a positive outlook
• There may be a requirement to travel within Europe should travel be allowed. Flexibility to travel is desirable
ViacomCBS Networks International,(VCNI) a unit of ViacomCBS Inc., is comprised of many of the world's most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, we provide powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.