Department Production Associate
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Departmental Associate is a role that will be a key position in keeping the department moving forward and distributing internal information within the team. The Dept Associate will not only support the Senior positions of the department but become an integral part of the productions as well. The individual will need to understand the big picture of productions needs and the importance of items being timely, detailed and sensitivity on the importance of how information is communicated. Reports to: VP’s of Production – Viacom Cross Brand – Tentpoles, Events, Specials, Music & Sports (CMT, LogoTV, MTV, Nickelodeon & VH1)
• Provide full administrative support to VP’s of Production in addition to assisting the production team.
• Act as liaison ensuring all pertinent & timely information reach the VP’s.
• Gatekeeper for all internal / external information via phone, messages & e-mail.
• Coordinating & scheduling meetings, copying & production server file upkeep.
• Schedule travel for VP’s which includes creating itinerary packets, - scheduling large meetings at travel destinations, ground transportation arrangements, directions.
• Circulate financial documents for signatures on both coasts as well as keeping records of all forms.
• Update and distribute Production Calendars on a weekly basis.
• Provide administrative assistance for the department.
• Help facilitate & organize visiting staff & freelance production space.
• Assist in organizing departmental functions & meetings with internal & external contacts.
• Track departmental vacation, sick & personal days.
• Excellent communication & organization skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Outlook as well as internal production technologies, (i.e.: conference calls, video conference, scheduling, etc.)
• Able to perform efficiently, professionally & amicably under stress & deadlines.
• 1-2 years production experience.
• Assist vendors set up in the S/MART system for payments
• Create PO’s working closely with our vendors to ensure invoices get uploaded correctly
• Creating Internal invoice forms and uploading into the system for contractual and talent payments
• Prepare & process T&E reports in a timely manner for VP’s.
• Must be up to date with all company T&E & travel policies.
• Runs cost Reports (in SAP)
• Circulates budgets for sign-off
• Support team on all productions - Events, Tentpoles, Sports & Specials
• Organize and create wrap binders for any in studio productions.
• Assists distributing safety document
• Schedule production calls as needed
• Provide on-site production support as needed – may involve travel
• Having a clear and comprehensive knowledge of Viacom production guidelines and procedures for 3rd party and in studio productions.
• Creates and updates departmental documents (such as schedules and tracking documents)
• Will need to be the departments Super User when it comes to programs that we are to use on a daily basis as part of our job responsibilities. Such as Concur, S/MART, SAP and any other programs as they are rolled out as well as upgrades/changes to these listed.