Curriculum & Development Supervisor - New York-Based Animated Series
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• A Nick Jr. preschool series in New York City is looking to fill a Curriculum & Development Supervisor position. The individual would be responsible for leading and managing a rigorous schedule of research projects that support the series. In addition, this position will supervise the production of materials for research sessions which will include working closely with writers, artists, producers, and researchers.
• Oversee qualitative and quantitative research projects from start to finish, including the creation and organization of materials, fieldwork, and data preparation.
• Attend and independently manage school-based research sessions
• Take a leadership role in the production of materials for research
• Attends writing and production meetings on an as needed basis and is available to provide thoughtful comments and feedback to artists, writers, and production staff as it relates to the needs of the target audience.
• Acts as liaison between the Director of Curriculum & Development, the rest of the Curriculum & Development Team and the Production Team.
• Bachelor's degree required; education or child psychology graduate research work a plus
• Some preschool-based research experience a must
• Needs to have solid working knowledge of research strategies and principals
• Management experience required
• Great interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience moderating focus groups a plus
• Strong interest in kids’ entertainment and/or storytelling
• Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org