Counsel, Labor Relations
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2019 8:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Counsel, Labor Relations jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Counsel, Labor Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Counsel, Labor Relations? Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom Media Networks (“VMN”) is conducting a search for a talented and knowledgeable Counsel to support the Labor Relations team in Hollywood, CA. The role will support and provide union-related guidance across all VMN departments and business units including Awesomeness, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land and VH1.
• Supervise handling of union grievances, arbitrations and audits.
• Assist with negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
• Provide guidance and information regarding collective bargaining agreements in a timely, diligent, and comprehensive manner to business and legal affairs, production, and creative executives.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with department colleagues, production teams, union staff, outside labor counsel, and labor executives at other studios.
• Handle the submission of union related paperwork such as info sheets, guild assumption agreements, etc.
• Draft memoranda and summaries in connection with union-related issues and prepare materials for internal presentations.
• Actively participate in department administrative and best practices initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in labor relations at entertainment studios, law firms or unions.
• JD required; must be admitted to practice in CA (or eligible to be Registered In-House Counsel in CA).
• Strong working knowledge of unions and collective bargaining agreements in the entertainment industry.
• Must be detail-oriented, possess superior drafting, negotiation, organizational and time management skills, and be able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to compile and analyze economic data.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
• Must have ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and verbal instructions.
• Must work well under time constraints and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have excellent computer-related skills and the ability to create well-formatted documents and presentations using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.