Counsel, Labor Relations
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks (“VMN”) is conducting a search for a talented and knowledgeable Counsel to support the Labor Relations team in Hollywood, CA. The role will support and provide union-related guidance across all VMN departments and business units including Awesomeness, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land and VH1.
• Supervise handling of union grievances, arbitrations and audits.
• Assist with negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
• Provide guidance and information regarding collective bargaining agreements in a timely, diligent, and comprehensive manner to business and legal affairs, production, and creative executives.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with department colleagues, production teams, union staff, outside labor counsel, and labor executives at other studios.
• Handle the submission of union related paperwork such as info sheets, guild assumption agreements, etc.
• Draft memoranda and summaries in connection with union-related issues and prepare materials for internal presentations.
• Actively participate in department administrative and best practices initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in labor relations at entertainment studios, law firms or unions.
• JD required; must be admitted to practice in CA (or eligible to be Registered In-House Counsel in CA).
• Strong working knowledge of unions and collective bargaining agreements in the entertainment industry.
• Must be detail-oriented, possess superior drafting, negotiation, organizational and time management skills, and be able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to compile and analyze economic data.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
• Must have ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and verbal instructions.
• Must work well under time constraints and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have excellent computer-related skills and the ability to create well-formatted documents and presentations using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.