Coordinator, Program Acquisitions
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for providing department support, primarily in maintaining program acquisitions tracking and inventory documents. Position also provides extensive support via online & systems research for department presentations and decks. This candidate is also responsible for preparing all department meeting documents. This role requires a candidate who is very detail orientated and who enjoys working in a high pace and dynamic environment. Position also includes department administrative support.
• Compiles weekly programming reports about acquired audience performance and overall TV landscape
• Updates department trackers bi-weekly for all in-house acquired series including internal product shares, premiere dates, and currently on networks / platforms schedules.
• Monitors industry news; circulates important articles & weekly highlights with close attention to providing news that may affect future acquisitions
• Maintains department shared online folders, providing centralized point for presentations and documentation
• Responsible for general office duties such as phones, filing, copying, meeting scheduling coordination, etc.
Provides admin assistance to department execs; backup for department head executive assistant
• 3 years experience in Television Industry, preferably Programming and/or Research background
• Proficiency in MS Office software with particular strengths in Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with using Nielsen and other program research systems a plus
• Candidate must be a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude, who exhibits a deep passion for supporting executive leaders and senior management
• Candidate must be a self-starter who can “hit the ground running” working independently and in conjunction with team executives
• Keen attention to detail, excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated advanced PowerPoint skills, along with desire to further develop skill set in this area
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment maintaining confidential information
• Must be able to quickly adapt to shifts in work priorities and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines
• Must combine a strong interest in television content with a mindset for a data-driven culture
• Ability to effectively multitask at a high performance level