Continuity Producer - Milkshake!
Full Time Job
Job Title: Continuity Producer, Milkshake!
Department: Milkshake!, Channel 5
Reporting To: VP, Programming VIMN Kids, UK & Ireland
Location: Hawley Crescent, Camden
Direct reports: Senior Production Coordinator, Multi-Skilled Operators & Freelance Presenting team
Status: Fixed term maternity cover 1 year, immediate start from March
The Continuity Producer, Milkshake! is responsible for managing all aspects of studio and continuity production featuring the Milkshake! presenting team for daily linear and non-linear transmission. In this role they will be accountable for managing the freelance presenting team and their contributions to the daily links, producing and directing quality creative content that delivers on the editorial and commercial objectives of the brand to inspire our audience to watch and love the output, administration of required studio paperwork and presenter rotas and a drive to maintain and improve ratings that deliver on agreed performance targets.
They will have a pre-school editorial and creative view and have experience in producing and directing a presenting team in a studio environment.
Purpose of the role:
• To lead all creative, administrative and logistical aspects of the studio production
• To build, manage and develop a high-functioning team of presenters and production team
• To drive ratings performance
• To strengthen the Milkshake! brand on and off air, and across multiple digital platforms to build audience interaction, views and engagement
The ideal candidate:
• Passionate, creative and articulate about pre-school content
• Management experience of presenters and the ability to get the best performance from them
• Has a good understanding of Milkshake! content with a strong editorial point of view
• Has experience producing and directing live/as live continuity and managing a gallery and studio crew
• Is confident in approach, with excellent communication skills to both internal and external departments
Milkshake! Continuity Producer will oversee all continuity content, studio directing team and crew, creative and presenter management/leadership.
• Oversee the creative studio output and work with the Milkshake! production team to create, plan and execute themes and initiatives for on-air and social production to drive the content priorities and ratings
• Manage the administrative process with the Milkshake! production team to plan, script and produce the make list and weekly continuity links and plan promotions, short form and interstitial content
• Manage the weekly media plans for promos and performance effectiveness of all promotional content
• Line manage the freelance presenters and oversee all presenter led creative for as-live records, short form and produce their studio rotas
• Oversee all presenter public appearances and stage show rotations
• Oversee the directing team to ensure consistent editorial and studio needs and direct continuity links when required
• Ensure all content meets Ofcom regulations, music clearance and reporting requirements and adheres to technical broadcasting standards
• Oversee the delivery of all links to broadcast operations for transmission in a timely manner
• Oversee the completion of Risk Assessments, Call Sheets, Studio and audio bookings with the Senior Production Coordinator
• Manage the rostering of required studio crew and all operational needs with the Senor Production Coordinator
• Manage the continuity budget with the Channel Manager and VP Programming
• Manage the contracting of all freelance studio personnel with the Channel Manager
• Provide regular creative feedback to presenters and directing team and manage improvement plans
• Translating content and roll-out priorities from the schedules to studio creative
• Generating ideas to expand the brand and commercial opportunities, working with commercial, consumer products and events teams
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Solid TV production and live studio experience, preferably in UK preschool market
• Excellent script writing and editing of own scripts and freelance Presenters/Producers
• Experience creating running orders, production paperwork and leading productions
• Management of presenting and production team that delivers fun, energetic and engaging content to tight deadlines
• Directing multi-camera in studio
• Strong editorial vision
• Leadership and management skills
• Passionate, articulate, creative and ability to nurture ideas
• Knowledge of the UK kids programme market and current channels’ output
• Good knowledge of Ofcom broadcast regulations and working with children guidelines
• Working knowledge of broadcasting research and digital analytics
• Working knowledge of the importance of rights/copyright/clearance issues
• Experience of budget and contract management
• Good I.T. Skills including PowerPoint and Excel and experience using a Broadcast Media Management system (e.g. WON, Tedial)
• Editorial: Understands how to creatively produce content in line with the target audience
• Innovation: Always thinking creatively about new ideas and ways of bringing amazing content to audiences
• Leadership: The ability to inspire and motivate a creative team
• Collaboration and Influencing: Facilitates collaboration and sense of shared purpose internally and externally
• Relationship management: The ability to build and develop relationships quickly with a variety of individuals and network
• Strong personality: Tough, adaptable and resilient and able to work with robust personalities
• Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and written and able to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders
• Administration: Ability to work consistently and accurately with an excellent attention to detail and manage time effectively
• Work Planning: Detail orientated and ability to prioritise, plan, multi-task and organise activities and to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proactive: The ability to get things done and respond to pressure and change
• Team work: Works well in a team and ability to delegate and support others
• Market Knowledge: Identifies and understands emerging developments in the market
Interviews for this position will commence from w/c 18th February 2019, so please complete your application as soon as possible if you wish to be considered.
Start date for this role is March 2019 - please only apply if you could start in March.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description i
Milkshake! is the #1 commercial children’s preschool block that broadcasts every morning on Channel 5. Milkshake! also sits on My5 and Amazon via More Milkshake!, in a bi-monthly magazine, on social media, as consumer products and a touring stage show. Milkshake’s core kid demo is 2-5 years, with ad demos of 16-34yr and ABC1s.