Client Solutions Engineer
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
You will sit within the Viacom Media and Technology Services (MTS) Global Client Services organization, and will partner with various technology teams, such as Information Security, Infrastructure, and Application Support, to assist and support the global delivery of desktop engineering initiatives. You will assist in desktop engineering work for global projects, and provide domain expertise on all matters related to the platform. This includes hardware, desktop operating systems (OSes), and standard desktop applications. Are you interested in working on projects that will impact users globally? If so, this role offers a blend of unique challenges where no two days are the same.
• Provide support, domain expertise, and mentorship on global desktop engineering projects.
• Provide 3rd level support and resolution of desktop incidents.
• Understand the desktop platform and standard operating environment (SOE) for global standards and contribute to the global strategy.
• Maintain, upgrade, recover, solve and provide general support of the platform, including SCCM, Casper, CrowdStrike, Night Watchman, and Air-Watch MDM.
• You will monitor availability and performance of desktop systems and rectify issues as required.
• Build and deploy application packages using SCCM, Casper.
• Test, validate and record software and hardware asset management & inventory technologies.
• You will plan and implement patches, hotfixes, and upgrades to Windows/Mac OS for front-end client OSes and core applications.
• You understand the global desktop end-point security function including controls/tools for anti-virus, malware, hardware, and software intrusion detection systems.
• Work with a mixture of external vendors and 3rd party managed service providers for desktop support & projects.
• Problem solve and resolve complex desktop related issues called out from first and second level support.
• Understand desktop platform monitoring, alerting technologies, and system performance monitoring and tuning for physical desktops.
• Seek opportunities to improve system performance and routine processes through scripting and automation.
• Document internal policies and procedures.
• Assess, document, and implement changes to the desktop environment as required in conjunction with risk and security teams.
• You will perform infrastructure configuration management activities, and follow change management procedures for implementing any changes to the production desktop environment.
• Alignment to all ITIL best-practices, including formal change, incident, problem, and asset management processes.
• Implement necessary Group Policy Objects and Active Directory changes to support the desktop platforms.
• Take full ownership of projects and incidents from initial reporting through to resolution.
• Respond to all customer inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
• Experience delivering seamless technical solutions partnered with strong project management methods (both waterfall and Agile) to a globally distributed end-point.
• Contribute actively to globally led desktop engineering architecture standards and initiatives.
• Act as a third line infrastructure analyst for service request tickets following established protocols and processes.
• Create, document, own, and escalate issues and problems in accordance with ticketing standards and SLAs.
• Implement desktop infrastructure projects at local, regional and group level.
• Mentor members of the desktop support team. Provide standard IT systems advice and troubleshooting.
• Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and handling requests and change control.
• Ability to quickly grasp user patterns and reoccurring issues, and communicate to management potential solutions to improve the end user environment.
• Ability to take on issues from a creative viewpoint.
• Maintain courtesy and professionalism when working with end users while remaining focused at the task at hand.
• Work globally in a matrixed organization.
• Develop a good understanding of organization infrastructure standards and processes and support SLA's.
• Shared responsibility for supporting MS Teams and Skype for Business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong documentation skills.
• Recognized professional certification in Microsoft technologies.
• Excellent technical problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively and problem solve through enterprise outages (P1)
• Some weekends/late nights and flexibility in schedule will be required.
• Vendor engagement and working with third party suppliers/vendors for procurement and operational issues.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant combination of education and experience.
• 5 years’ work experience with Client technology
Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
• Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
• MAC OS, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
• Microsoft Office and Microsoft O365 including ProPlus
• Microsoft MDT imaging
• Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager 2012 (1810 )
• JAMF Casper
• Understand CrowdStrike EndPoint Protection
• Ability to work in Active Directory, including group policies, and AD replication.
• Ability to work with PowerShell and VB scripting for systems automation
• Acquire and manipulate data from SQL, Excel, and various other sources
• Cloud hosted services including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Windows and MAC computers, smart mobile devices
• Apple iPhone and iPad iOS, and Android mobile application support
• Understand Apple DEP process
• Microsoft Skype for Business clients
• Remote access platforms, including Cisco VPN client
• AirWatch Mobile Device Manager
• The ability to work as part of a global team.
• Comfortable working as part of a matrix managed organization across multiple countries and time zones.
• Working closely with project managers to participate in resource estimates and deliver to agreed deadlines.
• Self-motivated to learn and adapt to new skills for solving challenging information technology problems.
• The ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical members of staff.
• Strong planning, organizing, time and priority management skills; ability to multi-task.
• Ability to manage competing schedules of project and tasks.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• The ability to engage with internal and external customers and suppliers as required.